Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the difference between the MK48 and the MK48-2 kits that fits on a RM48 mower deck? I have located a MK48 kit but want to make sure it is going to fit prior to spending and money on it. In case that deal falls through, are there any other leads on a MK48-2 mulch kit for sale?? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand the baffles were different ... the MK48-2 baffles are backward compatible, but RM48 mower decks after PIN 010409098 require the newer style baffle. You might be able to modify an old baffle to fit the newer deck ... I don't recall the details but maybe an interference with a later production reinforcement plate or something of that nature.

More important, the C45192 mulching blades are currently out of stock with Ingersoll, now for about 2-3 years.

You will be unlikely to find new blades, maybe ever. We'll continue to nudge every few years for making more of the mulching blades, but these were always a low volume selling blade and you have to make really a lot of them in a single batch to be at all cost effective ... so consider your path forward on that.

Brian
I understand the baffles were different ... the MK48-2 baffles are backward compatible, but RM48 mower decks after PIN 010409098 require the newer style baffle. You might be able to modify an old baffle to fit the newer deck ... I don't recall the details but maybe an interference with a later production reinforcement plate or something of that nature.

More important, the C45192 mulching blades are currently out of stock with Ingersoll, now for about 2-3 years.

You will be unlikely to find new blades, maybe ever. We'll continue to nudge every few years for making more of the mulching blades, but these were always a low volume selling blade and you have to make really a lot of them in a single batch to be at all cost effective ... so consider your path forward on that.

Brian
[/QU

Brian

Thank you Brian!

So my current RM48 deck has a serial number 10407042 so I think I am good to go with the original MK48 kit. Here is another question that you may be able to answer. Will the spindles from an N46 mower deck with the 2 bolt pattern fit on a RM48 deck? This would make sourcing mulch blades considerably easier I would presume.

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And if 2,000 were made it would probably be the last time they were ever produced.

it would be better to find a suitable blade that already exists.
I am still doing some research but I think the Oregon Gator 3n1 blades will fit the original spindles and are available in 17", which should fit the RM48 deck. It just gets expensive refitting a RM48 deck with the spindles to make it all work. And then you still have to score the MK48 or MK48-2 kit for the baffles or fabricate them for the deck.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts