Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 646 the rototiller runs off a valve mounted on fender. With a control lever to control direction of the rototiller.
With 2 hyd line with quick connectors going to a pump mounted on rototiller.
The question I have when I no longer have the rototiller mounted on the Case, do I need loop the hyd line onto it self.
Or can I just leave the 2 lines disconnected as they will not leak due to quick connect.?
Or does it matter?
Thanks for your time

·
Administrator
4,394 Posts
No they won't leak, but do reconnect them as the one on the tractor will alllow oil to pass if you mistakenly move the pto valve to either of the open positions.

·
Administrator
6,499 Posts
I think just about everyone runs a loop hose. Probably the biggest issue (in my mind) is dead heading the pump if the lever happens to find itself on the on position. It does happen,,,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think just about everyone runs a loop hose. Probably the biggest issue (in my mind) is dead heading the pump if the lever happens to find itself on the on position. It does happen,,,
On my 646 the rototiller runs off a valve mounted on fender. With a control lever to control direction of the rototiller.
With 2 hyd line with quick connectors going to a pump mounted on rototiller.
The question I have when I no longer have the rototiller mounted on the Case, do I need loop the hyd line onto it self.
Or can I just leave the 2 lines disconnected as they will not leak due to quick connect.?
Or does it matter?
Thanks for your time
Thanks everyone for your replies
I shall just loop the hose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts