Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I noticed that my rotten battery tray is getting kinda flimsy. I'm going to do a quick fix for now to keep my battery from riding on the pump and steering coloumn, but it will need rebuilt or replaced eventually. Anybody know if these can be had as a reproduction item or something?

Rob

·
Registered
122 Posts
Are you talking about a battery tray for a Case 195?

I have some originals that I took off of some Case 155 frames that I parted out.

I used a spot weld cutter to remove them, so they are all there except for the spot weld.

Or are you talking about a a battery tray from a different tractor?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not really enough info on the part numbers there. The battery tray on the 190 and 195 is spot welded to the dash, which according to both parts manuals, is all attached to the frame. At least, they are not shown as being further seperable than dash/frame assembly. And those part numbers are way different. However, knowing that there wasn't much different between the two models, just looking at the shape of the tray is enough to convince me that they should be the same.

Not saying I KNOW they are the same, but they look like they are. Any experience there? I'm sure you've messed with lots more of these tractors than I've ever seen...

Rob

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tray measurements:

Battery tray 8"x5", inside measurements.

From forward end of tray to mounting point at the dash, a little over 9 1/2".

Tallest point of tapered support 4 1/2", measured from the upper attachment point down to the bottom of the support.

Tray supports are made to mount in the "point" of the dash, having a folded part about an inch below the point and the rest above that point.

Hope this makes sense, kinda hard to describe without a camera...

Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.