Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody but me having trouble finding 15w40 Shell Rotella? Went three different stores (TSC, OReilly Auto Parts, and Auto Zone) and nobody had it. It's also out of stock at Walmart.com. I settled for the last bottle of Rotella synthetic blend test Auto Zone had, but wonder if I dare mix that with regular Rotella in the hydraulics. I'm just changing engine oil for now, so it's not a problem.
I asked what was going on at Auto Zone but all the guy could tell me was they hadn't gotten any in weeks.
I also noticed that among all the other oil they had, there was no other 15w40 in any brand. What else will work for engine and hydraulics?

·
Administrator
4,244 Posts
Any Ag/ heavy equipment dealer should have pails up to drums of 15-40. The hydraulic system on our little Cases is not a harsh work environment for oil. I am using CaseIH's Ambra 15-40 in mine [I had a store credit at the time].

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not just 15-40. Our parts shelves are getting low. So much on back order. Ran out of washer fluid. 3 days out, for delivery. I hear DEF is also starting to get scarce. I was able to procure a 5 gallon hydraulic fluid from NAPA near my work.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Walking through Menards not too long ago I saw that they had a shelf full of Rotella 15/40.
I grabbed a jug just because of the shortage.
Always bought at Wal-Mart but it's been missing from there for a while.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ordered a jug just in case. My local Menards was out but able to order online. I usually get on Amazon but they are sold out or very expensive. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Must be the supply train, Wall mart her was out of Rotella earlier this fall, so bought the Tech brand, And now I was just there couple days ago, and they had Rotella but were out of SupperTech brand, LOL..............Curt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts