Casecoltingersoll.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Case 224 Garden Tractor with Snowblower & Mower - farm & garden - by... (craigslist.org)

Case 224 Garden Tractor with Snowblower & Mower - $1,500 (Sherman)

Are you looking for a good rugged older lawn & garden tractor? I have a nice refurbished 1982 Case model 224 tractor for sale. Includes a mower deck, a snow blower attachment, a pair of wheel weights, and a set of tire chains.

I purchased this tractor as part of a collection from a man whose father was a mechanic that used to rebuild & refurbish them before he passed away. He rebuilt the engines and refurbished the tractors with new paint, new seats, new bearings, and other wear items as needed. I don't need to keep all of them so I've sold a few. This is the last one still available.

It had been used some since being refurbished and then sat unused for a while so I freshened it up with a new battery, new spark plug, and new snowblower belt, along with fresh oil changes in the engine, rear axle, and hydraulic system.

Tractor features / includes:
  • Heavy duty iron & steel construction (not a bunch of lightweight plastic & aluminum).
  • 14HP Kohler K321 single cylinder engine (rebuilt by the previous owner's late father).
  • Hydraulic drive system (operates similar to hydrostatic) with hand lever to control speed & direction.
  • Hydraulic attachment lift.
  • Two speed (high / low range) rear axle.
  • 38" cut, 3-blade heavy gauge fabricated steel mower deck with cast iron spindles, new bearings, recently sharpened blades, & spare set of good used blades.
  • 38" single stage snow thrower attachment.
Price: $1500 firm. Available for cash payment and local pickup in Sherman.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks bigman! This is my listing. I've had quite a bit of interest in it (both on CL & FB marketplace) so it'll likely have a new home before long.

As mentioned in the ad, this was part of a collection I bought from a man who's late father used to rebuild & refurbish these tractors. He wasn't a purist when it came to paint (he seemed to like the black frame color scheme and applied it to most of his tractors regardless of year) but did an excellent job rebuilding them ... all nice running machines. I would have liked to have kept all of them and added them to my existing collection but just didn't have the room to hoard up that many tractors.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The only thing I didn't like about that package is the black belt cover. Very nice looking machine, and an excellent tractor 224. As I said about another 224, I would have been in the market several years back. Great Looks!

Bill

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks Bill! Yeah, I'm not sure why he decided to paint the deck belt covers black. All the other decks from this collection were done like that and one deck (that sold with one of the other tractors and can be partially seen in the last pic) was painted entirely black (seemed kind of unusual looking like that too). Luckily, the guy that bought the tractor with that completely blacked out deck was more interested in the mechanical functionality than original appearance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts