Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harry was interested in some shop pictures and of the sand blast cabinet. Shop is very messy at this point and mostly is. Hehe. Any way, the sand blast cabinet was made by my son. It’s an old oil barrel. Works good. Has a light in it. Don’t have a permanent vacuum system yet, so we just stick the hose in the opening at the top of barrel. It was a oil barrel for most household oil burning furnaces. 200 gallons.

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now some general pictures of around the shop. It’s messy. If it hurts your eyes, don’t look. Hehehehe. Any way. Was built in 1919 and was a slaughter house when I was young. Then turned into a auto body shop. Which it was for many years. My son renovated it last year. Tore out all the inside walls. Insulated, new inside walls, install a hoist, and tools. Some easy to heat now. Was not fit to be in before. On to the pictures.

Noel.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Few more pictures. New door inside. But outside still looks like an old barn. And we made ramps for the hoist to drive our many garden tractors on to do service. And made a sliding Jack so we can lift the tractor while on the hoist. Sorry about the picture of the other brand of tractor.

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well done!!! Like your Kellogg too!. I'll only offer one tip. If you can set up a pressure pot system and run the hose inside your cabinet, you will clean twice as fast while cutting your air requirements for the job in half.
You’ll have too school me on what a pressure pot system is. Thanks dundee222

Noel

·
Administrator
4,185 Posts
I have this one I built out of an old Propane tank, and a little one I hook up to shop air for little jobs, [both outdoors LOL] You would have to screen the sand and fill them manually but here is the thing. The sand enters the airstream under the pot and gets up to air speed before it leaves the nozzle. Siphon blast units like you have, the sand only has a couple of inches to "get up steam" before it leaves the gun. BIG difference. You can do twice the work with the same amount of air using half the sand. I don't have a blast booth for that very reason in that projects that would fit in the booth take so little sand, the booth and dust control would take up more room in the shop than they are worth.

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Few more pictures. New door inside. But outside still looks like an old barn. And we made ramps for the hoist to drive our many garden tractors on to do service. And made a sliding Jack so we can lift the tractor while on the hoist. Sorry about the picture of the other brand of tractor.

Noel
Sleeper shop ;) Excellent job of keeping the outside of the shop original, love the old school character (y)

Cheer's
Gordy

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,332 Posts
Thanks for the tour Noel. I love the old oil tank blast cabinet. Plenty of room inside for larger items too. I've never seen one like it and stimulates my mind to make one. I have four old tanks from when I burned oil. Great ideal Noel. I have a blast pot like Merrill mentioned and they work great.

Keep the Peace
Harry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts