Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my mower deck on and sleeve hitch on at the same time. I can get it all assembled but. When I raise the deck the rear adjustment hanger of the deck gets trapped under the arm of the sleeve hitch. Shouldn't that arm pass to the outside of the hanger? Am I not supposed to have the deck on at the same time as the sleve hitch?

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
animalsonly said:
I put my mower deck on and sleeve hitch on at the same time. I can get it all assembled but. When I raise the deck the rear adjustment hanger of the deck gets trapped under the arm of the sleeve hitch. Shouldn't that arm pass to the outside of the hanger? Am I not supposed to have the deck on at the same time as the sleve hitch?
AO I left mine on my 224 without the lift arm and put a nut and bolt with big washer through the sleeve hitch and trailer hitch to keep it in place. But it is easy enough to remove and put on. Can't say whether there is any way of leaving it on with the lift arm with deck attached.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
The sleeve hitch was not designed to be operative while a deck is also installed. When the deck is on, the tractor is set up to cut grass. I can't think of a single sleeve hitch implement that would be useful while cutting grass, can you? I think that's why the engineers decided to put a hole in the hitch where they did so that the hitch frame could be parked in the air thanks to a bolt through the triangular tow plate.

Removing the arm completely keeps it from bouncing around and damaging the paint. That would be why Case supplied those "blanket pin" style of fasteners to hold the arm on. No tools are needed to install or remove them. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.