Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever make a sleeve hitch for the front of the tractor? This idea started with wanting to make a fixture to hang weights off either the front or back. Given I have a sleeve on the back, it makes sense that I would attach to that, so front should have a similar connection. Then I thought about what a pain it is to back my utility trailer into it's stall looking over my shoulder and that it would be nice to put the ball on the front of the tractor to do it that way. I love being able to raise and lower the ball with the sleeve hitch in the back, so thought I would make the sleeve hitch for the front go up and down similarly.

I am thinking a mule drive bracket with a couple pins to hold arms that extend out to the sleeve hitch.

I thought about just using a couple arms coming off the upper mule "Frankenstein" pins, but that could bind.

If anyone has done it, any tips, tricks, lessons learned?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sure thing. It's also called a front end loader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
No reason it couldn't be worked out. Maybe something to clamp to a front blade, like some do with forks?

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
I put a L hitch on the front of an old Simplicity. I was landscaping a slope and thought the lawn roller would work on the front rather than backing it up the slope. And it did, BUT it took some getting used to. The front end moves side to side a lot faster than the rear end, so this is a slow as you go thing. And you need to steer left to make the roller start going right then follow the roller, kind of a PITA till you figure it out ;)

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to do a little calculating to see what length arm I would want (not as long as the back for sure) and may consider a parallelogram setup so that the ball would remain level instead of swinging an arc.

A loader would be great, but not in the cards.

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
Just looking through the gallery, and thought of you ;)
I need to do a little calculating to see what length arm I would want (not as long as the back for sure) and may consider a parallelogram setup so that the ball would remain level instead of swinging an arc.

A loader would be great, but not in the cards.
Just looking through the gallery and thought of you ;) add the lower arms and front plate.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Synthetic rubber

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you have a front blade, pull the lower hinge pin between the main bracket and the blade itself, and then just mount a ball right on the main bracket.

Product Gesture Font Parallel Slope

1 - 7 of 7 Posts