Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made up this set of forks for my 446. This was all made from scrap I had laying around. The goal was to use the tractor to do the lifting from now on. They only have the up and down range from the sleeve hitch (no tilt). But they work great for small tasks around the yard. I understand these are not certified professional grade tempered forks, I don't plan on lifting an extreme amount of weight with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice job,, what's the lift like?
Thanks. I have only used it a few times so far, the most I lifted yet was around 150lbs. I counter balance the front with suitcase weights. I don't want to get carried away with it and end with a broken frame or such, so I'm being careful with what I want to pick up. I modified my original sleeve hitch. It now uses a big bore cylinder at the rear, and it is much stronger then the traditional deck lift cylinder. Bigger bore more = capacity. The range is only 4'' or so, so its just enough to lift something off the ground and move it.

·
Administrator
6,091 Posts
Thanks. I have only used it a few times so far, the most I lifted yet was around 150lbs. I counter balance the front with suitcase weights. I don't want to get carried away with it and end with a broken frame or such, so I'm being careful with what I want to pick up. I modified my original sleeve hitch. It now uses a big bore cylinder at the rear, and it is much stronger then the traditional deck lift cylinder. Bigger bore more = capacity. The range is only 4'' or so, so its just enough to lift something off the ground and move it.
Since these tractors will lift a tiller, I'm sure you'd be quite safe up to 300 ibs,, weight of a tiller,,
Regardless, it's a neat feature that I'm sure you will quite appreciate over time,, ( nice back saver!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts