Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is gonna be long. Sorry.
Ok. This has been a thorn in my side. I have a Dig-it backhoe. Built on a 6018 ingersoll tractor. When I got it, it did not have a motor or hyd pump. I have the proper onan v-twin motor. New pump from Salem Power. I have since bought a rebuild kit for the TCV and hyd motor, and installed. I have also put the upgraded banana plate on it. WOW WAS THE OLD ONE SLOPPY. I am running a SAE HD 15w40 oil. It acted like it was going to do well on the concrete, but as soon as I got in the grass with a small grade it fell on its face. Barely able to crawl. Right now it is in the barn. I am feeling defeated.
Any help would be much appreciated.

I know I need to fix up a guage in line from the TCV to to Hyd motor. Just to rule out components, but have yet to.

Thanks in advance.

Registered
If your backhoe is connected upstream from your TCV it could be as simple as a stuck valve or some other issue within the hydraulics for the backhoe that's sapping flow from the TCV. That's where I would check first if it was me

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. Let me process all the posts. Thanks for the replies.

I am usually in Low Gear. It sounds like it strains a little and the valve acts like it wants to stick in the full open (Forward) position, but then snaps back. Rpm does effect it some, but at full throttle it is still sluggish. The slow speed is in forward or reverse. When cold it is about equal, and it doesn't take long to warm up, and it slows. I am not sure exactly where in line the backhoe feeds from. I know it comes off the T under the steering wheel. I was under the impression that the wheel motor and the front loader ran off the same fluid circuit, and the power steering and backhoe ran off the other. The banana plate has been, by far, the biggest help so far. I was really hopeful after putting seals in the travel valve and motor, that I would be in better shape. I also replaced the spring and ball in the pressure relief valve. They are adjusted almost all the way in as well. This leads me to think, could it be a pressure issue? The pump was new when I got it.

I have been chasing this gremlin for a while.
Thanks for the help.

Premium Member
I am not a hydraulic expert by any means but I am thinking
- tie a rope to one of the back hoe hydraulic levers (like boom lift) and pull the rope while you drive forward. If the tractor drives better or the same that will help with the next step.

did you bleed the entire hydraulic system when you added the backhoe? Because hydraulic fluid is thinner than the motor oil we use.

there can only be a few possibilities here.

I don鈥檛 know enough about the TCV to know if therelief valve screw should be all the way in or not.

'68 - Case 155, '73 - 646a
All of the hydraulic manuals, with diagrams of how the system is plumbed are online: Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors

Your description says Dig-it, and they resold different models of CCI Loaders..

Basically is your hydraulic PUMP under the battery near the dash? Or is your hydraulic pump in the front under the oil reserve tank?

If the pump is in the front and it is under the reserve tank, then this is an ingersoll 60xx and it has a parker DUAL PUMP in it.. Which means the backhoe runs on the smaller displacement front 1/2 of the pump that also drives the loader and power steering. The ground drive runs on the 'rear' larger displacement 1/2 of the Parker dual pump.

The 6018 uses a tandem (two-section) pump. Parker combines an 鈥淗鈥 and 鈥淒鈥 pump. The 6018 uses a Parker model HD25AA2A14A pump. The H25 refers to the larger pump section that produces 2.5 GPM at 1000 RPM. The D14 is the smaller section and produces 1.4 GPM at 1000 RPM.

Model number decoded means:
HD25 - 1st stage displacement .603 Cu Inch F20-10 (.61 cu in)
A Front Cover SAE A - Pilot F20 Model
A Shaft End 3/4 Keyed, 1.56 long Shaft Code P1
2 Clockwise rotation
A Port Group Inlet (1 5/16 - 12 SAE #12 -> Straight 1" tube)
Outlet (7/8 - 14 SAE #10 -> Straight 5/8 Tube)
14 2nd stage displacement .329 Cu Inch F20-06 (.36 cu in)
A 2nd State Port Group - Side inlet (7/8 - 14 SAE #10 -> straight)
Outlet (3/4 - 16 UNF-2B SAE #8 Straight)

The Parker pump is the Achilles heel of these units. Parker rates them for 2500 PSI continuous, although, depending on year, the tractors main travel control relief is set for 2450 or 2700 PSI.

For additional info See: http://www.parker.com/literature/Gear Pump/DHHD_0910.pdf

The usual failure mode of those pumps is to blow out the front seal by the motor so that it leaks oil in the front of the tractor. I have rebuild one of those pumps and since parts are nearly impossible to find, we have to find a NOS H25 parker pump and swap the guts of it into the existing pump.

Donor Pump repair: New member in Ohio looking for Ingersoll parts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts