Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening Gentlemen,
I am on my 5th belt of the year. 1st I crossed the Ingersoll # to a 77" belt. This belt had no tension on the spring. Dropped to a 76" belt. This put good tension. 75" in a pinch but too much pressure. Every thing is spinning free. Nothing seems to be bent. My initial thoughts were, grass was too high (4' in upper field, 3' in lower field) but now all is manageable height and deck is raised all the way. Any thoughts would be great. P.S. they are Tractor Supply belts.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
CCI uses a 9/16" wide, bare rubber belt. TSC carries 1/2" and 5/8" belts. The 1/2" may be bottoming out in the pulleys and slipping. Also the kevlar belts seem to NOT like the twists and turns in the CCI tractors. Best to get your belts from one of our trusted dealers ;)

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CCI uses a 9/16" wide, bare rubber belt. TSC carries 1/2" and 5/8" belts. The 1/2" may be bottoming out in the pulleys and slipping. Also the kevlar belts seem to NOT like the twists and turns in the CCI tractors. Best to get your belts from one of our trusted dealers ;)

Cheers,
Gordy
Thanks Gordy. I told my wife you guys would say I was using the wrong belt.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Thanks Gordy. I told my wife you guys would say I was using the wrong belt.
A lot of guys including Me ;) have found this out the hard way, back when the belts were not being made and the ones that were available were high priced.

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Administrator
2,783 Posts
Belts matter. For lots of reasons.

OEM belts are best because they meet the original design.

Here is a chart showing standard v belt cross section dimensions

The Case OEM belts measure: a = 9/16" b = 7/16" Θ = 40
As you can see there are no standard belt sizes that match that cross section.

What you don't want to do is use too small of a belt...
(You also don't want the opposite of the problem depicted here - using too large of a belt)

Attachments

Reactions: Maine Willy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts