Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'm sure a lot of people would be interested at the right price so the best way to determine interest is to explain the deal. We know that certain OEM parts are pretty unreasonably priced and others are not.

·
Administrator
3,513 Posts
Michiganfan815308 said:
computer lazer cut powder coated edge for blower 48 inch 45 bucks 16.00 for chute handle 22.00 for edge for blade,
Price for the blade edge sounds very reasonable. Just purchased a new OEM 54" blade edge and they're running around $70+ these days. Any additional info would be welcomed!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I don't know much about the OEM blade edges nor the one in question but I think the hardness of a blade is important. I have replaced a couple of blade edges with 2"x1/4" mild steel which works ok--it may not be hardened but I can replaced several blades for less than an OEM blade. Since I don't use a blade all that much I haven't "studied" the issue to determine the relative economics but it seems to me that a high priced edge better have a lot longer life to justify the cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.