Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
I am west of Minneapolis MN, And use 10-30 in the engine in the winter, and 15-40 in the hydraulic year round. When its really cold out, just remember to set the engine just above idle and shift the rear end to neutral, then ezz the travel lever to either full reverse or full forward and let it idle for 10 or so to warm up the hydraulic oil.

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
About the same here Gordy, mine is a 14 Kohler and there is room for block heater on mine, so put that on for a while before starting................Curt
Should have mentioned the engine gets synthetic oil, so it spins better when real cold. The main issue behind the warm up mentioned is for the hydraulic oil. I have heard of burst oil coolers and popped off low pressure return lines from just cold a start and go. The popped off hose happened me with the 448, the Onan had been swapped out for a Linmar and to make that fit the steel return tube had to have the last bend cut off. When they did that they left the tube flat, without the bead on the end of the tube the double hose clamps they used had little holding power with the cold thick oil.

Cheers,
Gordy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts