Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all,

It seems moot for this year, but I have some snowblower questions.

I am getting things lined up for this '80 444 rebuild and would like to know what limitations would keep me from using a 38" blower on a 400 series tractor. If it is only a concern as to length of the lift arm, I don't mind at all.

I ask, as, just like sleeve and 3 pt. hitches, snow blowers seem to be rare for these around here.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
The 38" blower will fit and work without any modifications but it clears a path slightly narrower than the tractor. There are wings that can be bolted on each side of the blower to widen the mouth and they will solve the width issue. If you can bend some 10 gauge steel they are not very difficult to make.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
There is no reason to NOT use the 38" caster on a 400 Series tractor as long as you make a pair of "wings" for it. The wings are Z'ed shaped pieces of 12 gauge or heavier steel that bolt onto the end plates of the blower housing....vertically. The pair of them widen the cutting width from 38" to either 42 or 44 inches. At one time, these were available from Ingersoll but .........like so many other balls in Eastman's court, they dropped this one too. Any shop with a shear and brake can make you a set. Putting these on will keep your tires from driving over freshly fallen snow and packing it down. Nothing else needs changing or modifying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.