Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
All that is involved is to cut, grind, weld.... prime and paint. Essentially, when it comes to the fixed idelr and the belt tensioner, move whats on the left to the right and the right to the left. I've done it, proving its not rocket science !

You can cut each side off and re-use the bulk of it. If I recall, you have to flip some of the angled components If your not into metal working, then its probably not a good idea because you'll have a useless bracket if you can't finish it.

If you do not have a second mule to go back to for measurements, take your time to get measurements angles and dimensions on paper before you start cutting.

I have not used mine for a while since I went to a different dedicated blower tractor, but its good to know its hanging there in the shed if I want to swap tractors.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey Doug, I know this a long way from Baltimore, but if his description is correct, it would be one heck of a deal.

Snow Blower - $350 North Branch, Mi.

http://flint.craigslist.org/grd/2619491791.html

Date: 2011-09-27, 12:46AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Used Once, like new. model SB 48. bought for Case Ingersol, 350.00 obo. Please call Mark at 810-688-2565 or 586-719-8241

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2619491791

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Even if it cost Doug $200.00 to get that blower shipped, it would still be a bargain. If he could sell his blower for $300.00 to $350.00 locally, then the correct blower (in like new condition) would end up costing him the shipping fee. Normally, an SB48 will bring nearly $500.00 on e-Bay.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
I remember last year our own Dave Bieter was selling one that had been converted to ingersoll rotation, I wonder if he has any pics of it or remembers anything of note regarding how it had been modified? Thing probably sold long ago, but my memory should be correct about him having one or selling one.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
kungdrew said:
I remember last year our own Dave Bieter was selling one that had been converted to ingersoll rotation, I wonder if he has any pics of it or remembers anything of note regarding how it had been modified? Thing probably sold long ago, but my memory should be correct about him having one or selling one.
Yep, that would be mine in the Ebay link....... it is still sitting out in the barn waiting for the guy to come and pick it up.......... what pics do you guys want???

·
Registered
230 Posts
grummy said:
All that is involved is to cut, grind, weld.... prime and paint. Essentially, when it comes to the fixed idelr and the belt tensioner, move whats on the left to the right and the right to the left. I've done it, proving its not rocket science !
See the bold text children? That is from the fellow that built the 449 in his home- remember that gem? The CASE garden tractor that he somehow injected with both HGH and crystal meth?

Yeah. If he can do it anyone can! :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
DougA said:
Any pictures you have showing me what I have to do to convert my 448 snowblower to work on my 3016.Before,after,in between?Thanks.
Doug, I bought the caster modified, so I don't have before and afters.. ALSO the guy picked the caster up over the weekend, so I cant get you any additional pics... Below is what I have.

Sorry!!

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
1031d said:
DougA, what model casters do you have? Do you have any pictures? I have an L80 for sale, real clean one bought with the hopes of finding a snap fast conversion kit for the 195.
I don't know how good your fabrication skills are or what you own in the way of tools but if you want to mount that L80 on your 195, it's not as difficult as you might think.

First off.....the "KIT" does not give you spring-loaded pins. All it consists of are a pair of brackets that bolt to the frame rails of the 195 and support the lower part of the L-80's mule bracket. The brackets have a double offset in them to bring them closer together once they are below the frame rails.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the pictures,that will help a lot.Mine is a P-84.I ran this blower on my 3016 before,rotation was correct,but everytime I got into heavy snow,the belt would jump off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK,I DID IT!Took pictures for reference,cut everthing off very carefully using a sawzall,rewelded it back on mirrored.Here's the strange part,IT WORKS, :clap: I should say so far.But we haven't had any snow to try it out on.(Which suits me fine!)Thanks for the help all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
DougA said:
OK,I DID IT!Took pictures for reference,cut everthing off very carefully using a sawzall,rewelded it back on mirrored.Here's the strange part,IT WORKS, :clap: I should say so far.But we haven't had any snow to try it out on.(Which suits me fine!)Thanks for the help all.
Pics or it didn't happen! :letitsnow:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.