Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 210 and attatchments. Trying to mount the L80 snowcaster on my 72 - 222. From what I can tell there is no need for an adapter plate. Correct? IF that's so, then it should mount directly to the lift link pin sticking out, right? Problem is, the chute rotator bracket hits the exhaust pipe! What am I missing?
Confused,
Nolan

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
The brackets sometimes get broken off and it may be that it was not welded back on in exactly the correct position to provide clearance on your tractor. The best solution would be to remove that bracket and install an electric motor to rotate the chute. Alternatively, you should be able to reposition the bracket to provide clearance.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bart said:
The brackets sometimes get broken off and it may be that it was not welded back on in exactly the correct position to provide clearance on your tractor. The best solution would be to remove that bracket and install an electric motor to rotate the chute. Alternatively, you should be able to reposition the bracket to provide clearance.
I'm thinking reposition the bracket. Even without the rotator rod, the bracket hits.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
My input is this.

Case made ONE snowcaster to fit all models of garden tractors and the 210 is definitely a garden tractor.

It is quite common for the chute rotation rod support bracket to break at the weld. If that happened and someone ground off the old welds on the flat bar and the lift rod, then it is perfectly conceivable that they positioned that bracket in a different spot and/or, on a different angle because their tractor had a different exhaust system that allowed them to do so.

Hint, hint.

Cut the support arm off and weld it back on in a new spot. Apply Power Red, as needed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gentlemen, You guys hit it right on the money. I attribute this glitch to POS, Previous Owner Syndrome. After looking it over more carefully and reinforcing my thoughts with your replies, I got the job done with a little heat via torch, and persuasion with a pipe wrench. The crank handle tolerance is still very close, but it works! Thanks guys for your insight. The snowcaster is well used and I expected that. Still it works, and when warm weather comes and it's time to put the mower decks back on, I'll give it some more intense attention.

Thankful Regards,
Nolan

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I never noticed Bart's post until now. I guess I should have flipped to the second page before posting my redundant reply. :sidelaugh:

If you decide to cut the flat bar off and reposition it, then put the front wheels on a pair of 4 inch blocks so you can let the caster hang down as far as it will travel. Tack the flat bar on and then use the Hy -Lift to raise the caster up all the way. If neither the rod or arm hit anything, then weld it up solid.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hydriv said:
I never noticed Bart's post until now. I guess I should have flipped to the second page before posting my redundant reply. :sidelaugh:

If you decide to cut the flat bar off and reposition it, then put the front wheels on a pair of 4 inch blocks so you can let the caster hang down as far as it will travel. Tack the flat bar on and then use the Hy -Lift to raise the caster up all the way. If neither the rod or arm hit anything, then weld it up solid.
Not redundant at all. It was like getting a second opinion! With knowledge aimed at me from both barrels, how could I disagree? I almost thought I had to use the adapter plate, but that didn't appear to be even close. I thank you guys once more for your insight. Frustration was starting to set in, until I came in and got on the CCI sight. It gave me a few minutes away from the project, and aim me in the right direction. The belt was a perfect after it was all said and done. That topped off the success!
Thanks again'
Nolan

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
99flhr said:
Sounds as if you have the wrong bracket. can you mod the one you have for clearance ?
I forgot to extend thanks to you also. Sorry about that. Modify what I had, was the answer. I got it from three sides, not two!
Thanks 99flhr,
Nolan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.