Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the proper way to adjust the linkage on the spool valve? I know how to physically adjust it but mine is being a real pain.

I thought I have mine good but in the little mowing I have done, I'm finding the forward travel won't always stay in full forward and when hitting a bump it tend to fall back and slow down so i keep my left hand on the lever.

I adjusted it at first since the physical neutral postion wasn't neutral and it retarded slightly going down an incline. Reverse is perfect and in fact as to take message thread from MTF, reverse seems faster than forward.

· Registered
1,462 Posts
You likely have two separate issues at work here:
first the adjustment to center the neutral position. It;s not easy, but just keep at it, but AFTER all loose joints are repaired.

Second, the movement when driving is likely due to a bad neutral switch. Not terribly expensive, but a real beach to get too! These are specific to years as they changed the number/depth of serrations that hold it in position.

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kenc said:
You likely have two separate issues at work here:
first the adjustment to center the neutral position. It;s not easy, but just keep at it, but AFTER all loose joints are repaired.

Second, the movement when driving is likely due to a bad neutral switch. Not terribly expensive, but a real beach to get too! These are specific to years as they changed the number/depth of serrations that hold it in position.
Linkage seems tight, no play in either direction. I took them completely off when I had to repair my steering and they are in good shap.

I forgot all about the neutral switch, I bet that's what it is!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.