Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

What colors should I choose?

• 1. Leave original colors?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Started the restoration on my 226...

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  dbeiter 
#1 ·
I dismanteled my BIG Tire 226 to bare frame last Saturday...
Instead of doing the engine this year I decided to restore my 226. The current engine is very strong yet.
Since this is my "fun" GT :rockon: I was thinking of painting it like the White, Black, & Orange CASE big tractors of 1983-84 since this is also a 1984 with custom decals to match or painting it Desert Sunset & Power Red pretending like Case had never changed their colors. :headscratcher:

#2 ·
Mike: I voted to go original. I like the look of the 83-84s. My second choice would be the big tractor color scheme, especially if you can do a line up with some big daddys! I wouldn't go tan and orange cause' it just doesn't seem right to me, my humble opinion. I know that whatever work you do, it will be sweet! :usa: :usa: :usa:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

#4 ·
I voted to paint it to match the same year big ones for entirely selfish reason. I figure that if anyone has a big tractor to match it, Mike does. Then when it's done we all get some really nice hi-res side-by-side photos suitable for desktop wallpaper :wink:
Dave Beiter hint hint hint!!

#7 ·
Hydriv said:
Since this is your "fun GT", then why not have some fun with it?

This is the paint scheme you are referring to.

The only real change here would be the tin and the rims. No big deal.
Yepper! Dat dar's da colors! :grin:
Thanks for posting the Pic. Tom. :thumbup:

#11 ·
animalsonly said:
Chrome the rims and front grill and every part of the engine that you can, braided hoses, black frame, fire engine red the rest, then a nice flame job on the hood with a #24 placed predominantly on each side of the hood. You did say you wanted it fun... right?
It's my fun tractor, but lets keep it dressed classy not like a whore. :thumbsup: :lol:
:headscratcher: :facepalm: :gums: :rockon: :gums: :lolno: :wink:

#13 ·
animalsonly said:
Chrome the rims and front grill and every part of the engine that you can, braided hoses, black frame, fire engine red the rest, then a nice flame job on the hood with a #24 placed predominantly on each side of the hood. You did say you wanted it fun... right?
Unfortunately chroming the engine would be a real bad idea. Chrome holds in heat and being an air cooled engine its fate would be sealed. I used to build race engines and same there. You are actually better off with polished aluminum as it dissipates heat faster than cast iron.

#14 ·
[/quote]Unfortunately chroming the engine would be a real bad idea. Chrome holds in heat and being an air cooled engine its fate would be sealed. I used to build race engines and same there. You are actually better off with polished aluminum as it dissipates heat faster than cast iron.[/quote]

Right on my friend. :thumbup: I was going to polish the heads for better cooling. Thanks for making that clear to those that may not have known about chrome and how the engine cools itself. :thumbup:

#15 ·
Ok. Thanks to those that participated in my poll the official decision has been made to paint it White, Black, and Power Red.
I will start a new thread in the restoration section for those who want to follow the progress. :thumbup:

#17 ·
animalsonly said:
Don't you mean a #29 painted on the hood sides??? :sidelaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.