Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Who is familiar with the starter generators on these? I’m working on a 155 that’s not charging. Somewhere along the line wiring has been altered as commonly found unfortunately. Using an original wiring diagram I believe I have everything hooked back up correct. They had a toggle switch in place of the ignition switch so a new direct replacement was installed as well.

First, can someone verify where the generator dash light wires go? My diagram is somewhat blurry and it’s hard to tell which wire goes where since one comes out of the center of the light and the other attached to the base of the light housing.
And what is he best way to test the starter generator first before I go crazy messing with the regulator and wiring.
Thanks all!

·
Administrator
6,445 Posts
The parts manuals show a pretty decent wiring schematics for these. I believe on the back of the regulator there's a pin that shows as ground? The base wire of the generator light should attach to that point. If memory serves me correctly, that's where I went when I redid a 195 project. As well, when rewiring mine, I punted the old regulator for a new one.

Push button to start, correct?

I found if the tractor idled a bit slow, the light would come on and not charge. Setting up the idle a bit, the light would go out, and it would charge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts