Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This new link replaces item# 25 part# 23841 used on my L 54 Utility blade. I used heavy wall 1" tube, 1" cold rolled shaft, & 5/8 tie rod ends.

My orignal plan did not include the die spring. My objective was to beef up the pivot joint and maintain a tite link between the handle on the dash and edge on the blade. But having read various postings of hydraulic cylinders tearing out at the base end, the cylinder mount itself breaking, & frame tearouts, Iam thinkin there are shock loads in excess original design. Although,.. Chit Happens when pin joints get sloppy, And, If not dealt with they continually impact the whole machine.. :rockon:

The spring pictured is probably too stiff, I wont know until I get the blade assembly finished and mounted. I had it on the shelf, no specs, Iam guessing its over 500 lbs per inch. I have a 275 lb (per inch of deflection), spring on order.

I will be bolting this on my machine to eliminate all possable slop in link conection, If a pin on version was needed, I would use a bulk head style pin, Just like 3pt hitch implements.

This is the first step in up grading all the pivot joints on my 54" utility blade. Trying to grade with a sloppy blade, or taking a "light cut" dosent work for me.

The shock absorber I built into the lift link will help preserve my tractor, by providing a relief for the lift assembly,The large diameter swival ends increase bearing surface about 3 times that of the 5/8 pins. And the ability to adjust the length 1.5 " allows me to dial in the travel paremeters

kubotakid :usa2:

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention that until I load test this spring and compare it to the 275lb spring which is 1/2" shorter, That I wont machine the slot in the tube for the roll pin. That will limit the extension of the link for down pressure.

kubotakid :usa2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.