Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Case 444 1975
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am replacing a hose for my 3 PT hitch. (BTW I got rid of mid lift cylinder and hoses some time ago). My question is: can I replace the original tee fitting that had the two jic 5 male ends for the original hoses to a fitting with only one 1/4" NPT end to connect straight to the new 3 pt hose I purchased? I am also assuming the tee fitting is Jic 5 on all three ports as I have not removed it.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Bennie

·
Registered
1993 Ingersoll 4118, 1984 Case 448
265 Posts
You are correct, the tee is #5jic all around. If you're hose is 1/4" npt you will need an adapter to get you from npt to #5 jic male.
Or you could replace the fitting in the TCV. Pretty sure it is 1/2" orb.

The easiest would be to have a #5 female JIC fitting on your hose and to connect to the fitting you have at the TCV.

·
'68 - Case 155, '73 - 646a
2,040 Posts
Ummm, If you are talking about the fitting that is screwed into the TCV itself, that is an #5 SAE/ORB Male on the valve side, NOT JIC. If you're swapping that to NPT, the fitting you are looking for is: 6405-05-04

(Which I would put some hydraulic specific locking sealant like Loctite 545 on it to keep the hose from unscrewing the fitting over time) Most SAE fittings what a nut you tighten back down against the casting which help lock it in place.

Personally I swapped the ports in my TCV, on a 646 LOADER to Jic #6 with 6400-06-05

Pretty much 100% of the fittings going into valves, pumps, motors, etc on the CCI tractors are SAE/ORB male fittings.. #10 are used on most of the TCV - Drive Motor - Pump connections. The drain on a TCV is a #12 if I recall.

You are correct, the tee is #5jic all around. If you're hose is 1/4" npt you will need an adapter or you could replace the fitting in the TCV. Pretty sure it is 1/4" orb. Easiest would be to have #5 female JIC fitting on your hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts