Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Mr. legrandice,

I know you are new here but there are a few things you need to know:

1) When you have a purdy lil 6018, you are supposed to keep it in the garage and take it out on the weekends and ride around in the front yard to impress the neighbors.

2) If you insist in abusing it like you are in the photos, keep your eye out for a hydraulic winch and fabricate a way to attach it to the 3 point. It will serve as ballast (instead of the tiller) and always ready to help pull you out

3) Install a selector valve and run some hoses to the front. That way, you have the option to clip the winch on the bucket - to pull yourself out.

4) If you ignore 1-3, at least put a tall flag on it so you can find it in the spring.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mjodrey said:
So,honestly,did it get out under it's own power? :gums:

Maynard :canada:
YES! I did manage to make it out using the bucket. I could not believe how soft it was. Who needs a backhoe? I'll just lay some pipe in the ruts and back fill in the spring.

ING6018 said:
Mr. legrandice,

I know you are new here but there are a few things you need to know:

1) When you have a purdy lil 6018, you are supposed to keep it in the garage and take it out on the weekends and ride around in the front yard to impress the neighbors.

2) If you insist in abusing it like you are in the photos, keep your eye out for a hydraulic winch and fabricate a way to attach it to the 3 point. It will serve as ballast (instead of the tiller) and always ready to help pull you out

3) Install a selector valve and run some hoses to the front. That way, you have the option to clip the winch on the bucket - to pull yourself out.

4) If you ignore 1-3, at least put a tall flag on it so you can find it in the spring.

:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: Excellent! I will do my best to follow the above steps! It did take me a good 20 minutes to wash the mud off, but it was good fun. I would LOVE to have a winch, I will keep my eyes open. I always seem to be stuck somewhere with something. A short history:
1. stuck with my chevy trailblazer in my side yard trying to move a trailer of wood. Pulled it out with my mom's volvo wagon.
2. same trailblazer stuck sideways in my back yard, stuck so bad I had to call a tow company to get it out in a rainstorm. I thought it was going to end up flipping over down a hill.
3. same trailblazer stuck in my parents yard in snow trying to move trailer of wood...friend pulled me out (three times in one winter)
4. 4runner pulling my 3000lb tool trailer up a wet muddy hill. Good thing we had 100' of chain to reach my buddies jeep on the road. Never would have gotten out of there.
5. ingersoll 6018, just purchased, trying to move some dirt...but STUCK as I did not know the importance of having enough weight pulled out with my toyota 4runner
6. 6018..see above 20 minutes later
7. 6018...stuck again pointed downhill trying to pull a log. Again pulled out with the 4runner.

I guess I kind of enjoy the challenge of going to the threshold of getting stuck, and sometimes I take it too far.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Looks like the festivities I had today with my 1T chevy got off the shaded part of the lawn and just about buried it! Ended up getting out with a "give it" strategy. Rutted up the yard and covered my truck in mud but had fun doing it :trink: :trink: :trink: :trink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1031d said:
Looks like the festivities I had today with my 1T chevy got off the shaded part of the lawn and just about buried it! Ended up getting out with a "give it" strategy. Rutted up the yard and covered my truck in mud but had fun doing it :trink: :trink: :trink: :trink:
Pretty much how I got out with the 6018...low range...used the bucket to push...and spun the tires! Good times.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Good times, yes it is! I was in 4H with my 350 at about 4500rpm in second gear. LOL Remember it's all fun and games until someone puts an eye out, then it's just funny you can't see! :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.