Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
444 case
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The middle one is my new adventure,got it fired up today after a battle with old fuel,have clean tank, carburetor and new fuel,tractor runs real good except when your at full throttle and just letting it sit it throttles down on it's own,I'm puzzled,never ran into this before,any ideas?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Ingersoll Dealer
4,201 Posts
The throttle control is designed with friction to hold the handle in place against the forces of the engine and governor linkage. On old tractors this just gets loose and will simply relax to idle over some run time.

New cables are readily available (see the parts manual for the part number on your PIN/serial number tractor).

Some throttle control types have a screw/nut combo that can be snugged up. Some others have a rivet that you might be able to peen over to tighten a bit.

Sure fix is replacement ...

Brian

·
Registered
444 case
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The throttle control is designed with friction to hold the handle in place against the forces of the engine and governor linkage. On old tractors this just gets loose and will simply relax to idle over some run time.

New cables are readily available (see the parts manual for the part number on your PIN/serial number tractor).

Some throttle control types have a screw/nut combo that can be snugged up. Some others have a rivet that you might be able to peen over to tighten a bit.

Sure fix is replacement ...

Brian
Thank you very much,easy fix,

·
Registered
238 Posts
To Rowboat44;
Wow. I'm wondering if you have many friends. Your reply was a disrespectful, slap in the face, to the dealers who took the time to solve your problem. A non-response would have been a better choice.

·
Registered
444 case
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To Rowboat44;
Wow. I'm wondering if you have many friends. Your reply was a disrespectful, slap in the face, to the dealers who took the time to solve your problem. A non-response would have been a better choice.
What response?and I do appreciate their help very much

·
Registered
444 case
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Judging by your photo of the middle 444, a C33411 throttle control with the adjustable tension nut will solve your problem.

In stock for next day shipment,

Bob
Sorry Bob,read this early this morning,struggling with some medical issues that have been keeping me up all night,I didn't realize that you are dealer or I wouldn't of responded like that,I'm new to this and Bill has been helping me out

·
Registered
238 Posts
Here's the PM I just got from Rowboat44;
"Well that explains why your an idiot,look where your from,you can't help it "

Two dealers responded quickly; bhildret was the first. It's clear who the idiot really is, since they both are labeled as Ingersoll Dealers.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,376 Posts
Rowboat44,

No offense taken, all of the dealers who post here are genuinely trying to be helpful and possibly gain a new customer by offering advice and technical support.

Most of us have online stores that offer the convenience of 24/7 ordering and supply links to the parts catalogs to make parts lookup easy.

I think that I can speak for all of us when I say that we truly appreciate your interest in preserving these Case/Ingersoll tractors, please feel free to distribute your business as you see fit.

Hopefully I can help you in the future,

Bob

·
Administrator
6,178 Posts
Rowboat44,

No offense taken, all of the dealers who post here are genuinely trying to be helpful and possibly gain a new customer by offering advice and technical support.

Most of us have online stores that offer the convenience of 24/7 ordering and supply links to the parts catalogs to make parts lookup easy.

I think that I can speak for all of us when I say that we truly appreciate your interest in preserving these Case/Ingersoll tractors, please feel free to distribute your business as you see fit.

Bob
Thank you Bob! A truly professional response. Hopefully, the membership will take note of this.

·
Registered
444 case
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rowboat44,

Bob
Yes sir,thank you,Do you guys have a website?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts