Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a tiller and sleeve hitch from a 222 tractor and I have a 448 tractor. The problem is I can't lift the tiller up more than half way as it hits the rear tires if I go any higher. I need to get it higher because it drags on the ground. My question is are 200 and 400 series tractor sleeve hitches differant. :facepalm:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks my cutting and welding project last weekend, I know this one by memory!

I cut up a homemade sleeve hitch from a 222 and extend it for my 446. Well kinda, the previous fabricator didn't get the angle of the lift rod that comes off at 12 degrees so mine's like 8 degrees so I don't have full downward movement. (No pictures because I'm not that proud of my welding skills)

21 1/2" from the end to the center of the two pivot pins that bolt on the rearend. 200's are 4" shorter.

Come on, I thought all you older & wise Case guru's would have been all over this or are you giving the newbies like me an easy one? :trink:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
case448 said:
I just bought a tiller and sleeve hitch from a 222 tractor and I have a 448 tractor. The problem is I can't lift the tiller up more than half way as it hits the rear tires if I go any higher. I need to get it higher because it drags on the ground. My question is are 200 and 400 series tractor sleeve hitches differant. :facepalm:
As you've learned the sleeve hitch for a 200 series will not work on a 400 series tractor because the length is too short to clear the larger tires. In other respects they are the same. I suggest you try to sell the hitch you have and buy the correct one unless you have the ability to cut and weld steel. I have made at least 8 of these hitches and they aren't very difficult to fabricate from scratch. You could also lengthen the one you have but it would probably end up being the same amount of work as building new and wouldn't look as good. You could also sell the current one for more than enough to cover the costs of making a new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.