Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, after selling my 448 and 4020 to 2 prominent members of the forum here a little over 2 years ago I have been missing having them. I moved to a different state and I only have a little over a half acre to take care of so I didnt think I needed them anymore. Wrong I miss having them! The last 1.5 years I have looked for a 400 or 4000 series that was, not too far away, but there are very few CCI in Delaware. Yesterday on craigslist a 1975 220 case popped up 3 miles away from me. I didnt want a low pro but I figured cause it was close by it couldnt hurt to take a look at it. WOW I had to buy it! Original owner had it and said it was only used 3 summers of cutting approx 20 times,my guess around 40-50 hours. Pretty low for a 43 year old tractor. Original paint, tires-no dry rot,seat is rough,no rust and still using original blades that are still in good condition! Tractor drives and operates like new,smooth as can be. Hydraulics are quiet and deck is silent. No play in front axle or steering gear. Looks like it just needs new seat and throttle creeps back to idle should be easy fix.No leaks but I might change the return and pressure hoses due to age, and of course change all fluids.Looks like this little guy will suite my needs but the big wheel tractors are the coolest.I didnt think the 10 hp kohler would have enough power to cut grass well but it seems to do fine. Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Bumper Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bret :razz::fingerscrossed: Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,554 Posts
All I can say is WOW baybilly !!!! That's a heck of a find and it will probably never happen again to locate one in that condition and age. I'm like you and love the big wheels but also love my low pro as well. Glad that you found one and are back in the seat.

Enjoy
Capt Dan

·
Administrator
4,138 Posts
Almost a shame to mow grass with it!!! Beautiful survivor!! Way more interesting in some respects than a restored one. Hope you keep her PURE with the factory seat.:thumbup::wink: Now if only someone was selling some NOS factory air for the tires,,,,,:think:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great find!!! Just remember they are only original once in their whole lifetime. Keep it close and guard it, it is a special piece , Regards, Mike

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all,I think I lucked out on this one! It has set quite a while and my past experience with that is rubber products deteriorate hose,seals etc. It is truely amazing how smooth everything is like engine,hydraulics and steering.It will take me a little while to go over everything on this as Im on the downside of 1.5 year long restoration a 1931 Ford street rod. Thanks for your nice thoughts,Bret I should have played the lottery the day I found it!

·
Administrator
4,138 Posts
I know it's off topic but I for one would love to see some pics of your '31! Near one of the last GOOD [pre '40] Fords built!:wink:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry Dundee it took so long to post pictures. My computer crashed and I got tired of waiting for them to repair it so I bought a new laptop. Here are my car pictures for your viewing pleasure, maybe we can convert you to Fords! LOL

1 - 20 of 36 Posts