Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
4,138 Posts
SWEEEEEET! Love the color! Is the body Henry Ford tin? What on it did you make on it yourself? [Hard to tell from the pics] . I know it's a Ford but that looks like a bow tie heart in her. hmmmmm,,,

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks all. Dundee the body color is a late 90's Dodge pickup color with extra pearl and metallic in it. The body has 2.5 inch chop and is original Henry Ford except for the fenders and running boards and hood that accepts the 32 grill.It was painted about 22 years ago and I didnt do any of the bodywork or painting. I did just wet sand the fenders and buffed them and they came out so nice I now have to do the body.I lifted body off frame and painted suspension components and replumbed brakes, fuel and trans lines. Ron a flathead would be nice,I just gave one to a friend of mine.I have a 383 Chevy I was going to install but for now I going to stick with this 89 Pontiac 305 with only 468 miles on it (same as chevy) that I did some port work and a mild cam,it should run nice.I rewired whole car and replaced all lights with LED and I just picked up a set of original headlights I need to install.I just got a different set of gauges to install that are more period appropriate to the car. So I just have to bleed brakes,install exhaust,install running board pad and trim, seat belts,gear indicator and a windshield wiper (for state inspection) and start and tune motor and I should be on the road in a month or so. Thanks Bret

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Hi all, after selling my 448 and 4020 to 2 prominent members of the forum here a little over 2 years ago I have been missing having them. I moved to a different state and I only have a little over a half acre to take care of so I didnt think I needed them anymore. Wrong I miss having them! The last 1.5 years I have looked for a 400 or 4000 series that was, not too far away, but there are very few CCI in Delaware. Yesterday on craigslist a 1975 220 case popped up 3 miles away from me. I didnt want a low pro but I figured cause it was close by it couldnt hurt to take a look at it. WOW I had to buy it! Original owner had it and said it was only used 3 summers of cutting approx 20 times,my guess around 40-50 hours. Pretty low for a 43 year old tractor. Original paint, tires-no dry rot,seat is rough,no rust and still using original blades that are still in good condition! Tractor drives and operates like new,smooth as can be. Hydraulics are quiet and deck is silent. No play in front axle or steering gear. Looks like it just needs new seat and throttle creeps back to idle should be easy fix.No leaks but I might change the return and pressure hoses due to age, and of course change all fluids.Looks like this little guy will suite my needs but the big wheel tractors are the coolest.I didnt think the 10 hp kohler would have enough power to cut grass well but it seems to do fine. View attachment 98471 View attachment 98473 View attachment 98475 View attachment 98465 Bret :razz::fingerscrossed: View attachment 98465 View attachment 98467
Guys,is this paint color Flambeau or power red with desert sunset? I read about it and im still not sure. 1975-- 220 . I will be going by the case dealer next week and would like to pick up some touch up paint. Thanks Bret see attachment

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks for the response guys! I read a couple of articles and some said 1969 and other said 1975. I just started working on this machine (had it 1.5 years!) I removed the deck and cleaned the machine up before working on it and the underside of deck still has a lot of original paint along with paint on the original blades that look excellent. Its amazing how low hours this 45 year old tractor has. Pictures to follow. Bret

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi all, I haven't posted in quite awhile but have been lurking and reading up on old posts. I have been busy taking care of my father in another state and working on the house and trying to stay away from Covid. My 220 was buried in the back of the shed as its has been sitting for 16 months so I got it out to start playing with it.I have owned it for 3 years. It started right up :D and ran great ,and the tires still held the correct pressure ! This winter I still want to replace all of the hydraulic hoses and replace all o rings and seals and the hydraulic drive motor has a slight drip. My question is I know people are having issues with manuals on here but are they available now ? I tried but couldn't get them to open. My charge voltage was low so I removed and cleaned contacts in voltage regulator and adjusted it and it now charges at 14.18-14.49 volts . It has been a lot of years since I worked on something with a generator. Does this sound good or is it too much fluctuation? Kohler K241 with starter generator. Here are some pictures of the machine, it is amazing how low the hours are on this machine. Paint is all original including paint under the deck. Bret Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grass Art Automotive design Lawn Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Table Grass Plant Rectangle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Grass Art Automotive design Lawn
Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire
Table Grass Plant Rectangle Motor vehicle

·
Administrator
6,178 Posts
Which manuals are you after? I've got quite a few back up, they are links to the manuals.

Anyways, if you let me know which ones, I'll like those right away. I've currently got maybe 50% back on and linked, but perhaps not the one you're looking for,,,,,,

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks Lionel. I was looking for electrical manual for Kohler K241 to get voltage specs for regulator adjustment. Bret

21 - 36 of 36 Posts