Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got the top engine shield and air cleaner installed.

Next up I need to get the weights installed. I bought an old CCKB for parts and used the 646 to lift it out of the truck. I could lift it, but didn’t have traction back up. A little embarrassing, but I managed to drive the truck out from under it and then lower the engine.

On route is a new voltage regulator. The original seems to be pumping 16V to the battery which doesn’t seem right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,370 Posts
Sure looks nice!!!!! Now, I hope you have another bucket to swap on her for actual work since it would be a huge waste of time and paint to put this one into a pile of gravel.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha. I did drag it through some gravel today and am starting to get used to the idea of it getting scratched. Maybe if I make up some forks, the bucket will get a break.

Agreed, it is a waste. I mainly sprayed the inside of the bucket with what was leftover in the gun between coats on other parts, but still…. Like Lionel found, most of the paint comes back in your face when painting the inside of a bucket.

That bucket needs a new cutting edge badly. I’m open to suggestions on where to best source appropriate weldable edge material in Ontario.

·
Registered
284 Posts
@RFngersoll, do you know anyone with a forge that could heat, straighten and quench a leaf of a leaf spring into a flat bar? Nice carbon steel. It will loose a little hardness at the welds. Bed frames are also high carbon steel, but a bit thin for a wear bar. If you are near a decent size city, most have a steel supply places of some sort. We have Speedy Metals and they will cut what you want to length.

·
Administrator
4,370 Posts
Just go down to your local welder/fab shop and have them cut you a strip of AR 400 or 450 to the size you need complete with the bevel. It will easily last a thousand hours on our little Cases unless you are going to use it full time loading mine tailings or something equally abrasive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts