Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OM says 8 PSI for 2 ply tires, both front and rear for both 200 and 400 series. It also states 14 PSI for certain attachments. The manuals for blade and snowcaster say 14 PSI front.
So based on that I ran my 446 at 14 front and 8 rear.
My new rear tires are 6 ply and a lot stiffer. How low can I go before I have a potential problem?

·
Registered
894 Posts
What do you guys use to measure 8 psi and 14 psi? Those pen like air pressure gages are no near accurate for those pressures. I could not even set my compressor to those figures accurately.

·
Administrator
3,344 Posts
I have pen type gauges that read 0-20 PSI. Bought them years ago when my kids go into basket ball. Lots of digital gauges around as has been indicated, not sure of the accuracy of some of them however.
Bob MacGregor in CT

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
There is a lot of those digital ones on the market so make sure you do your research before buying. If you are only using it once in while then you may luck out with a cheap one. I just cant vouch for how accurate they are.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Bill.H said:
OM says 8 PSI for 2 ply tires, both front and rear for both 200 and 400 series. It also states 14 PSI for certain attachments. The manuals for blade and snowcaster say 14 PSI front.
So based on that I ran my 446 at 14 front and 8 rear.
My new rear tires are 6 ply and a lot stiffer. How low can I go before I have a potential problem?
Only way you can have a potential problem is if you over inflate them past manufacturers specs. Getting the correct PSI is a trial and error methodology.

·
Registered
160 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.