Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Nice! Are those 31x15.5x15s? I thought long and hard about putting those on one of my other tractors (kubota b6100) but i ended up doing 31x13.5x15 and no real regrets.. The Case uses nearly same tire height but with narrower fenders so the same tire would look even fatter.. should be cool. 馃榿

Heres a pic of my 31x13.5x15 from the rear. My case still has 8-16s but i think these same tires would look pretty good on it.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Administrator
You can sure put a lot of ballast in those!! What are you going to use it for? Would need a 60" deck to clear the rubber. No good for plowing, and even on a loader, you will need a massive/snow bucket to not end up with the tires catching the banks or sides of the hole.

Registered
You can sure put a lot of ballast in those!! What are you going to use it for? Would need a 60" deck to clear the rubber. No good for plowing, and even on a loader, you will need a massive/snow bucket to not end up with the tires catching the banks or sides of the hole.
Those tires are made for flotation over soft soil. You would actually have to add all that extra ballast to come come close to the ground pressure (#/SF) of a narrower ballasted tire. I too am at a loss for a practical purpose on a tractor.

I could see those being useful on one of these 6 wheel Argos.(y)

Registered
You can sure put a lot of ballast in those!!
That was what originally attracted me to the 31x15.5-15 size was the sheer weight gain potential. That size is typically found on large trenchers, some large boom lifts, and even piggyback forklifts so they are usually designed for a TON of weight, which means the tire itself is very heavy. The heaviest ones i found were ~95lbs.. for JUST the tire. Then add the 20 gallons of fill they hold and that's 170-215lbs depending on what you use. So for me going from unfilled 29x12.5-15 turfs to the heaviest 31x15.5-15 and heaviest fill, i could have gained over 250lbs PER REAR TIRE. I could have added 500lbs to a 1000lb (bare) tractor just by running those tires.

In the end i opted not to because i really like the ride quality ive enjoyed with my turfs and atv tires on small-diameter 10/15" wheels combo (vs having r1s on 12/16" wheels on a b7100 which rides like crap) and didn't want to give all that away with all the structure it takes to make a 95lb 31" tire.. so i went with slightly larger turfs, same light construction, did add tire fill, and still gained ~300lbs total.

For me the weight gain is mostly about loader counterweighting and dry ground traction without relying entirely on 3pt implements. And my b6100 with FEL and wide turf tires still has more traction on dry ground than the b7100 with r1s but no FEL. Weight is king. Maybe in mud or soft ground the r1s would dig in enough to offer better traction, but around here that's.. not a common thing. Mud is once every couple of months maybe, and soft ground is the day after the mud. Every time it rains i get in a big hurry to go do dirt work before it dries up and becomes a big PITA again. But im sure not worried about getting stuck in the mud. I think i've only done that once, and the mud was a giant hole in the ground i was digging that filled up with mud after a rain.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I plow fields with a 1 bottom plow

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, it will work if your furrow bottom is at least wide as the tires. The neighbors big nine furrow rollover plow has a special first bottom that plows an extra wide furrow for the wheels in the next pass.
Its just a toy for plow days i have several case tractors i use them all for various dedicated work this one will just be pushing or pulling something so i don't need it to be a all job machine just events and shows

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those tires are made for flotation over soft soil. You would actually have to add all that extra ballast to come come close to the ground pressure (#/SF) of a narrower ballasted tire. I too am at a loss for a practical purpose on a tractor.

I could see those being useful on one of these 6 wheel Argos.(y)

Its will work great for what im doing with it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts