Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen to that ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Just to see if theres anyone awake I have a few good questions for a few good men and

the head tech Guru's or lessor Guru's not naming names or anything like that. :sidelaugh:

On my drive motor how tight is the rotor assembly suppose to be I was going to take it apart to clean it but decided not to everything looks pretty good.

How does one get the bearings out of the bearing housing or is this something I should leave alone? I see the service manual says it should be done by professionals.

I pulled the trans out and discovered there are not shims on the motor side. I guess thats where the spare shims came from I found laying in there. I guess when the last person worked on it he figured they didn't need to be in there. The brake side has only the heavy washer that has the tang stamped into it . Looking at the parts manual it shows brake side heavy tang washer and 1 shim washer. motor side just a tang washer. I guess this is just a starting point for clearence on the axles and you use as many shims in there as it takes to get the right clearence.

That is all. tankyou. :thumbsup:

Mark

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
When it comes to drive motors, it is best to leave sleeping dogs lie. Problems with these motors are RARE. In fact, they are RARELY even discussed on the forums because they are so bullet proof.

The only reason to open up a drive motor is to rebuild it. That's a job best left to the experienced that also have all the tools to check out the wear factor.

Read the Service Manual for the trans-axle in conjunction with the Parts Manual. Over-shimming would be a mistake. Hot steel expands. You are better off with a bit more clearance than having it so snug that binding takes place when the assembly is really heated up from hard continuous work.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hydriv, I'm just replacing the seals in it. The rotor & rollers seemed like they were pretty snug thats why I'm asking I didn't want to take them apart.

I was out working on the trans and as near as I can figure if I use one of the heavy washers on each side it should give me .030 on each side. I'll see how that works out when I put the new axle seals in and install the axles, thanks again.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.