Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the rod went in my K321 it took a little chunk out of the cylinder skirt. :sad: See pics. At the biggest point it is about 9mm from the very bottom edge of the cylinder. This is no where near the rings but the skirt of the piston may just start to overlap. Wondering what your thoughts are?

Cylinder has been bored 0.030 over but the rest of the bore looks pretty good. Using one of the rings I was consistently getting an end gap of 0.030 for the whole bore. And the crank is still standard.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hydriv said:
Send those photos to Brian Miller and ask him that question. My guess is that he will tell you that you have nothing to worry about. Just bore the block and proceed with the rebuild.
It already is 0.030" over so I can't bore any more right? Will contact Mr. Miller.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I agree with HyDrive, I don't think that little chunk is going to make any difference. But, I looked at the Kohler service manual and 0.030 is right at the maximum for the end ring gap for a used bore. So if you can afford the money and the down time it might be a good idea to just go ahead and have it sleeved now. If not a new set of rings may tighten the end gap enough that you could run for a few years before it would need to be done.

ByCo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.