Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi troops,
Having had difficulty digging up turf, I decided to buy a tooth bar. Searched the internet, found a lot of them and decided to go with the least expensive one which is from Vevor and decided to give it a try. It was shipped quickly to me from the distributor in GA, it arrived today and I installed it. I still need to drill two more bolt holes in the bucket sides and may decide to drill some thru the bar and the bottom of the bucket. In some of the reviews were comments about the bar being bent. With all the base teeth being welded on one side of the bar, it is normal to get a bend/curve in it. With a heavy hammer I was able to get it in position easily. Check out the pics.:cool:
Bumper Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Flooring
Automotive tire Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior Wood
Wood Gas Screw Hardwood Composite material
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Gas Door
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive parking light Natural material
Wood Hardwood Metal Plank Flooring
Wood Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Hardwood

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,649 Posts
Very nice Bob. I especially like the way the way the teeth clip under the bucket. I haven't found a need form them yet, but I know what kind to look for when I do. Thanks for the post Bob.

Keep the Peace ✌
Harry

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi troops,
Having had difficulty digging up turf, I decided to buy a tooth bar. Searched the internet, found a lot of them and decided to go with the least expensive one which is from Vevor and decided to give it a try. It was shipped quickly to me from the distributor in GA, it arrived today and I installed it. I still need to drill two more bolt holes in the bucket sides and may decide to drill some thru the bar and the bottom of the bucket. In some of the reviews were comments about the bar being bent. With all the base teeth being welded on one side of the bar, it is normal to get a bend/curve in it. With a heavy hammer I was able to get it in position easily. Check out the pics.:cool:
View attachment 127389 View attachment 127390 View attachment 127391 View attachment 127392 View attachment 127393 View attachment 127394 View attachment 127395
That thing is great looking. It's easy to imagine that helping quite a bit. I'd love to hear feedback on how much difference it actually makes on hard pack.

Bob

Bob

·
Administrator
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bob and group,
I'm anxious to get digging with it! A while back I removed some turf for a horseshoe court and had a tough time with it, friend plans 2 more courts. I increased the setting on the travel relief valve which helped some but not enough. I was talking pics to post and my wife came out in the garage and commented 'taking pics before it is dirty, you are getting old!' We had a chuckle! I'm going to be working with a contractor friend raising up a garage and digging out for a footing and short foundation and not enough room for the bucket on his much larger machine, I hope the 6018L with teeth works!:cool: Starts on Monday, but I will give it a try here beforehand!

·
Administrator
4,434 Posts
Something not quite right there. The teeth should lay near flat on the ground when the bucket is level. You don't want any part of the teeth under the bucket as it renders it useless for levelling [unless you use only the heel] or digging where you want a flat bottom for concrete ect.

·
Administrator
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the teeth are partly under the bucket bottom. I'm going to rework the bar so I can easily remove it at the job site and have a flat bottom bucket and also be able to install the forks when needed. I ain't gonna buy another loader although it has entered my old brain at times!
Dundee222 would like this, I do have two sets of bag pipes, red and green, port and starboard!!!:cool::p:D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Something not quite right there. The teeth should lay near flat on the ground when the bucket is level. You don't want any part of the teeth under the bucket as it renders it useless for levelling [unless you use only the heel] or digging where you want a flat bottom for concrete ect.
The teeth have a groove in the back where they slide over the bucket lip. So they have to protrude past the bottom. I think the idea is to (easily) remove the tooth bar for smoothing operations.

Bob

·
Registered
1992 Digit/Case 6018
19 Posts
Do you have a part # and price for this tooth bar? I just got my digit 188 and am still working on getting the leaky cylinders repacked so i can use it without leaving a trail of oil everywhere. I will definitely need something like this for the dirt in my area. This may save me alot of internet searching. :)

·
Administrator
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1992 Digit/Case 6018
19 Posts
Thanks, I looked at this one and was interested for sure. Now i just have to wait for more funds.

·
Administrator
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi troops,
I figured out a way to be able to remove the tooth bar at the job site if needed. When I make the modifications I will take some pice and post them. Meanwhile, I need to move this tractor to the job site today or tomorrow and as my cargo trailer is out on loan to a friend, I'm in a bind as the trailer that I can borrow is an open 5x9 and my 6018L with tooth bar and weight box is 11' long. I think that it will fit if I remove the weight box which weighs 500 LBS, so I need to get creative!:cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks, I looked at this one and was interested for sure. Now i just have to wait for more funds.
Thanks. I have a 648 with a 40" bucket. I didnt realize the 6018 had a 48". I have had no luck finding a 40".

·
Administrator
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I haven't yet had the chance to dig with it so far. As the teeth stick out beyond the bucket lip, I have been able to pick up larger pieces of stone and concrete. Bear in mind that I have a weight box on the 3 point hitch that weighs about 500 LBS, liquid filled rear tires with rubber tire chains.:cool:

·
Administrator
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi 74 _case_onan,
This is the only option that I have found for a 40" wide bucket.:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts