Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted give everyone a heads up on something Ken (Kbear) has been working on.

There is now a tractor and equipment maintenance log on our front page in the extras section that you can either save to your computer and use in Excel format, or
download and print out in .pdf format.

A big thank you to Ken for making this happen. I feel very lucky that he is working with us on the site. :thumbsup: :drinkbuddies: :drinkbuddies: :cool: :cool:

Here is a direct link.

http://www.casecoltingersoll.com/extras.htm

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
It is really awesome! :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:
:+1: We are really lucky to have Ken here doing this eye catching and valuable work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I think it will be a very useful record keeping tool to insure timely maintenance for our tractors and attachments. :thumbup:
Thank you Ken! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
894 Posts
Nice Idea, I printed out a log that I made when I first got my Ingersoll. This is much nicer. Thank you for the effort and making this available. This will also be nice if it can be saved to a smart phone. To have all this information portable if you need to pick something up.

Could I make a request? Would it be possible to add field for teh B&S engine that would contain
Model:
Type:
Code:

Thanks you
Mark

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Lot's of nice graphics but it sure won't work for anyone but the newbies--who only has six tractors and two mower decks?????? :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

If anyone needs a pro level spreadsheet I'd be happy to share.

Sorry Ken, just teasing--I'll take a closer look when I sober up in the morning.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
It's OUR Christmas present to all of the members, including the many who have been naughty. Many thanks to Kbear for all his amazing work on this site.

There is more to come..............when it is ready......and not a minute before. :sidelaugh: :thumbsup:

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! I hope the spreadsheets will help. If you do happen to come across something that is missing or would like something to be added let me know I'll see what I can do to accommodate as many individuals as reasonably allow (continuously revising and publishing new versions every month probably wouldn't be a good thing to do). I just thought since we all have several machines to keep track of this would be some sort of help.

markgru02919 said:
Could I make a request? Would it be possible to add field for teh B&S engine that would contain
Model:
Type:
Code:

Thanks you
Mark
You mean a separate section for just Briggs & Stratton engines? Do you have a lot of B&S engines you need to maintain or do just need a place to put information about the Model:, Type:, Code:?

Bart said:
Lot's of nice graphics but it sure won't work for anyone but the newbies--who only has six tractors and two mower decks?????? :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
How many do you think would be appropriate?

Kenneth

·
Registered
894 Posts
markgru02919 said:
Model:
Type:
Code:

Thanks you
Mark
You mean a separate section for just Briggs & Stratton engines? Do you have a lot of B&S engines you need to maintain or do just need a place to put information about the Model:, Type:, Code:?[/quote]

Ken, I am not sure how to lay it out. I do not have many B&S engines only the one on my 4018, I do know that when asking for information such as a shop manual or parts requires me to provide the following B&S information:
Model: 350447
Type: 1111-F1
Code: 04031111
Maybe just adding one more field under the engine section called B&S Code or type, or model and possibly re-label Engine Serial Number to Engine Serial / Type and Engine Spec to Engine Spec / Model? Or vise versa, I am not sure if Serial / Type or Engine Spec / Model are related fields going from one manufacture to another. Another thought is other engine manufacturers information such as Kohler? Again I am not familiar with what is required when ordering parts for Kohler or Onan. Perhaps logic statements were you click on the engine type from a list i.e. Kohler Onan B&S and then custom fields appear? Just thinking out loud and if it is too much work I certainly am grateful for what you have created and could definately manage to use the log like is.
Thanks Again
Mark

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
Per posted suggestions I'm making some revisions to the Maintenance Logs (only to the MS Excel version). How about the following quantities for items to be listed:?

12 Tractors
- I could make it another page and make it 24 tractor?
6 Mower Decks
3 Snowcasters
3 Rotary Tillers
3 Front Blades
12 Additional Equipment Items

If there's anything I'm missing yell.

I'm also adding a page (more print friendly without colors on it) that will fill itself out as you fill in the Log which will have a list of all your Current Tractors, Attachments etc. you logged into the Maintenance Log. That way you can print it out for say insurance purposes of whatever. In addition I'm adding to the Tractor Log area the Engine Make and Model area. So many repower projects not sure what engine Make and Models are in what tractor. Should work on it this week and maybe have it done by the end of the week maybe.

Kenneth

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.