I had some down time working on the 444 while waiting for parts. So I decided to jump back on the 446 snowcaster chute completion. I finally fine tuned the linear actuator for the deflector and got the rotator wired in permanently. Then removed the chute and added some more sheet metal to the sides and also used JANCOES idea for a shelf. This stops snow from accumulating over the worm gear for the rotator when throwing snow to the right. Also while the chute was off I checked the rubber tire wiper which needed a little tweaking. I'll have to wait until next winter to try it out, but from preliminary trials it should work terrific.
Dundee, no the rain has melted everything in my neighborhood. I'm sure I could go to some of the big box store parking lots and find piles in their parking lots. My trial runs gave me a idea of the difference in the changes, except for the JANCOE shelf idea to stop the snow from piling up over the worm gear.
I installed the mowing deck and belt yesterday. The mower and hydro bagger seems to be working fine. The final thing to do is paint the hood. I was waiting for warmer weather and now the schedule has filled up quickly. I'll get it done soon as time permits.
I would certainly not do it now during cottonwood season! Hay, that would make a nice custom paint job. Black with white cottonwood puffs over it and then spray some clear over it. It could only be done at this time of year!