Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been working on a 224 that I purchased recently it ran and drove but the wiring was bad so I rewired it with a new harness and new safety switches when I put it back together it tried to crank once and would not do anything took it back apart and the travel control lever is not pushing up against the neutral safety switch. I can pull it up to touch it but it will not spring up on its own like it did before. Any ideas would help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont think so this is the parts i am talking about in the pic they are touching like they should the on mine the part with the arrow pointing at it is about half an inch lower.

note this is not my picture or tractor

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
i dont think so this is the parts i am talking about in the pic they are touching like they should the on mine the part with the arrow pointing at it is about half an inch lower.

note this is not my picture or tractor
It's possible the little metal insert moved or fell out. Did you check to see if it's still there and that the wire is still attached to the terminal on the plastic piece?

·
Administrator
6,526 Posts
Depending how you had things apart, have a look at the bottom of the travel control lever. Better yet, if you could post a picture of it.

That thing you circled in the picture is the neutral start switch. No ground to it ,means your tractor starter solenoid with not trigger on. Try and easy test with a test light. Stick alligator clip on batt positive, and end of needle onto control lever rod. Does it light up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts