Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble on where to find info to adjust the travel control valve (linkage) on my case 444. I looked in the tech library but can't find it...I must be looking in the wrong spot. I am not certain it is adjusted right....It seems like I only have two speeds when I go forward or reverse as I move the speed lever with room so spare with no change of speed. It also slows down a little as the oil warms up. I changed the oil out...put some rottella 15w40 in it. Maybe this is normal???? These tractor are a little different than any other I have owned.

Brad

· Registered
2,546 Posts
With engine off, slide under the tractor and have an assistant move the travel control lever back and forth so you can see how it works then the adjustment should be obvious. The travel spool moves a total of approximately 3/4" from the full forward to the full reverse position so any play in the linkage can have a major impact on how well the lever controls the valve. The only adjustment is to make sure that the travel spool is centered when the travel control lever pointer is in the neutral position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.