Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Have looked at FAQ and Tech Section the answer to the following Q didn't "pop" out to so I'm asking for advice on "how to do" or "pay some one to do it" for me.

Q: Problem is disconnecting the Hyd pump outlet hose from the flow control valve inlet (90 degree elbow). A very tight place for a wrench to fit, What size are theses fittings AND WHICH fitting do I wrench?- to loosen this connection. I know larger than 7/8" cause that is the largest I have - so I have to buy a new wrench or borrow.

The other choice is to let Jason help he qouted a reasonable price for helping me install and two new hoses for the connection. Just a little Haul to get the tractor to him.

Doug I'll be off line for awhile

·
Registered
650 Posts
I bought a set of wrenchs from Harbor Freight last winter when I converted a armstrong lift to hydro on a 220. I can't recall their name but they are perfect for hydro lines, very thin and large sized perfect for getting into small spaces. I had a coupon and paid less than $30 but they are listed for $37

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/wrenches/15-piece-sae-service-wrench-set-93667.html

[img=center:1env1s5s]http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_2744.jpg[/img:1env1s5s]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help.
Got the connection apart- used a 1" open end combo 15' & 90' angled on the elbow swivel and small crescent with angled (small) jaws on the inlet port- off it came! Just have to "make" up the hoses and the right connections. Now I'll get that tiller working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's done!

Thanks to all who help - especially Jason in Allendale.

The project was to install a J-70 tiller with PTO lines from a case 222 on to a 3016.
With Jason's expert help brought one hose, one quick disconnect, and one elbow and hook up was done.
Also, brought a wrench set with 90 degree angle ends.

I mess around for a week getting bad advice and buying the wrong stuff- save yourself the time and $$$ ask the the people here, read the tech section and the FAQ - first!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.