Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm eyeballing a 4020, so I'm going to sell my 1988 Ingersoll 446. It's got rear PTO and 3 point, 2 46 inch decks, dozer blade that was stripped and painted, new stainless edge. New 6 ply front tires, good rear turfs. Runs very good, operates correctly. Does the plow / mule on a 446 fit a 4020 ? If it does, I'm keeping the blade.

I also have the makings for a Hydrabagger. I have the unit itself, a beat up deck chute, trailer was rusted badly so I have an Agrifab trailer to go with it, barely used. Needs the flexible tubing from the deck to hydra unit and unit to trailer. Does this unit fit a 4020 ? Or do 4020 decks discharge on the right side ?

Body is just average, normal decal burn / rust on the hood. Dent in the grill.

It's the tractor in my avatar by the way.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Keep the blade. It will fit 4000 models.

If that's your 446 in your avatar, then I'd think it should bring $1500.00 with the PTO and hitch. Do you have the mounting bracket for the Hydra-Vac? If so, then it should be worth around 3 to 4 hundred with the trailer, perhaps more to the right buyer. Most people are looking for a turn-key unit

No harm in putting the package up for sale for $2200.00 and see what happens. We can rip your listing to shreds in the Classifieds but if you find a local buyer that will pay you 2 G's, then good for you.

The bagger is not correct for a 4000 Series tractor for the reason you stated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BushBoneYard said:
Hydriv said:
We can rip your listing to shreds in the Classifieds
:sidelaugh: :lol: :sidelaugh: :lol:
My next line was that I would ask 3 grand for it.............. that would give you all some meat to chop up for a couple days, and since everyone offers about half of what your asking price is these days, they would win too :trink:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
99flhr said:
As the owner of both a 446 & 4020PS, I`d suggest keeping both if at all possible. :wave:
In years past, the thought of selling something wouldn't have even crossed my mind.... however, I've grown weary of maintaining a fleet. I mow with a Simplicity Legacy and do chores with the Ingersoll. Two is all I care to maintain anymore - takes valuable time away from ridin.......... :usa:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhhh........ I don't see it happenin ! I've mowed with several brands, still like the Simplicity the best for simply mowing.
Everyone has a brand of truck they feel comfortable in, favorite beer, and mower they are most comfortable with. The Legacy is the one for me :thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I'll match the cut of a properly set up Case deck to that of a Simplicity any day. The Simps are nice tractors until you have to dig deep inside one to repair it. Your opinion may change at that point. :lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've used many tractors over the years and found that my 224 cuts better than most, and leaves clippings evenly across the lawn, in fact it's now the cutting tractor, biggest problem I have is I'm used to the Nascar way of cutting left,left,left so I'm still learning the Right way :thumbup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hydriv said:
I'll match the cut of a properly set up Case deck to that of a Simplicity any day. The Simps are nice tractors until you have to dig deep inside one to repair it. Your opinion may change at that point. :lol:
I agree. In fact, I sold my Simplicity Regent and replaced it with a Case 226. The ride and build quality are MILES apart IMO. The deciding factor for me was the fact that the Simplicity snowthrower chute kept getting clogged. I simply got tired of getting on and off the tractor to clear the chute. Cut qualities are comparable I think.

Cheers! :trink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.