Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 4016 with the Vanguard engine. I have a very noisy electric clutch which I fear is going to die anytime. I have tried to check the output from the stator. According to a Briggs site, there could be a 20 amp or a 30 amp stator. How can I tell which one I have? I am getting 26 amps out of the yellow connector from the stator, which I think is fine for a 20 amp unit, but would not be ok if it is a 30 amp. I do not want to install the new clutch if I do not have enough output.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't think that's a 20 or 30 amp stator. More like 5 - 15 amps. I just replaced mine on my 4018 last year. I will look for the papers and send you the part # and specs so you can compare.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't think that's a 20 or 30 amp stator. More like 5 - 15 amps. I just replaced mine on my 4018 last year. I will look for the papers and send you the part # and specs so you can compare.
And- you said 26 amps from stator. Did you mean Volts? 26 volts is acceptable. Clutch is actually energized by the battery which in turn is charged by the stator & regulator. You can measure the resistance of the clutch windings which is a measureof how good or bad (strong or weak) it is, maybe someone knows what that value should be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK. My Brigs Part# is 592830. Don't have a spec sheet but installation instructions refer to 10 or 16 amp models. There have been multiple discussions on the electric clutch on Facebook. I think one or more may have referenced the resistance values. For sure they discussed air gaps, adjustments and troubleshooting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts