Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was poking around behind a farmers shop this week and I came upon a old 446 with a loader on it. IF the serial number chart is accurate it is the 4th 446 ever built. It is SN: 9668005. I am in no position to buy tractors right now or it would be at my house. I convinced the guy to at least get it indoors and try to get it running. If anyone is interested let me know. Gregg

·
Registered
973 Posts
Nutcase446 said:
I was poking around behind a farmers shop this week and I came upon a old 446 with a loader on it. IF the serial number chart is accurate it is the 4th 446 ever built. It is SN: 9668005. I am in no position to buy tractors right now or it would be at my house. I convinced the guy to at least get it indoors and try to get it running. If anyone is interested let me know. Gregg
In what area of the country was this machine found. oldfrank

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Chuck. Try to picture a 446 that has been sitting in the woods for 10 years. That's what it looks like. It's very restorable. I also saw a 442 with a story in New York 2 weeks ago. It was in a garage next to a Kubota BX when Irene hit. Both tractors were completely submerged. The owner brought both to the dealer and is hoping to get enough out of the Case to pay for fixing the water damage on the BX. The 442 is in incredible condition. If it has been restored it is a excellent job and if it hasn't it's the nicest original 442 I've seen down to the original muffler. The Goodyears did not even have cracks. It had snap-fast but also had the brackets under the frame in the back for the old style attachments. It's in Greenville, NY if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nutcase446 said:
IF the serial number chart is accurate it is the 4th 446 ever built. Gregg
I put very little faith in that chart based on some of the numbers I have looked up. In fact, just tonight, I was looking at it for a black frame 226 my buddy just dragged home... 14048826.

The chart shows nothing for 1983, and the starting number for 1984 is: 14057736

I dont think that means he has the 8,910 tractor made before 1984.......

I think the best we can do is get close via number, and I think the differences we actually see on tractors might be as good a reference as any when it comes to dating them. Then again, there was a topic a long time ago that said most of us read that chart incorrectly. I could be one of them !

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is when a registry would be nice. IF it is the 4th 446 made it may be the oldest one to exist. I personally have never seen a 446 with the "T" bar PTO engagement. Either way, I hate to see it rot in the woods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.