Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past spring I purchase an '87 444 at a consignment auction. It was the only garden tractor at the sale that did not run, so I got a pretty good deal; but I went there with the intent to buy it. I am just about done rebuilding / repainting this tractor. If my friend comes over this weekend & helps me put the motor back together, I'll be mowing grass soon.

Back in the mid '70's I worked for the J.I. Case Co. as an area rep here in W. PA for 3 years. During that time I had a 444 as a demo unit. I always liked the tractor. So now I have another and I have really enjoyed getting re-acquainted with it.

I am fortunate to have a past dealer Jesse Carver, Willow Creek Farms, with-in an hours drive of me. He has been very helpful in getting this tractor back to life. I will be on this site talking you folks as I progress with attachments, modifications and trouble shooting.

Dennis Garrett
Darlington, PA

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Dennis: Welcome to the site, we're glad you joined!!!! :usa: :usa: :usa: Looking forward to some pictures. :thumbsup: If you haven't seen the extensive Technical Library on the Forum recommend you take a look. Sure you will have some rich history and expertise to share with the group! Look forward to talking on site! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.