Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering the lack of snow this year I decided to start some work on the 446 which was also going to be the snow machine, and them it happened one foot of snow. :eek: To be honest I'll been so busy with work I haven't been watching the weather, so it was a big surprise.The 446 is in piece's so the 226 will have to do, first time ever looking up a sno-caster never mind taking a deck off, but it wasn't that hard after all even after working all day and now it's 6:30 pm. Well I found out that the 226 and 446 take different belts and I don't have the right one, off to TSC in a rush before they close, get there and buy 6 sizes as a guess, found that a 1/2 x 75" was the best one, gas up and I"m off by 8pm. First pass down my 500+ road was unbelievable, this little tractor can throw some snow, felt like it was unstoppable compared to the JD tractor I'm use too with a two-stage blower, open the road and started my second pass and I blew out a front tire :facepalm: :oops: . Limp the tractor back to the garage and found the tire was unrepairable, now what? steal one from the 446, quick 5 minute fix and I'm off again :thumbup: .By now I'm cold and tired but the road is open, not bad considering I didn't have any lights. Went out Sunday morning and finished the clean up in record time. The JD even with the two stage wouldn't been at least a three hour job, and the Case did it in just under two hours, even thou it was throw together. I can't wait to see how good this tractor is once I get it ready for real.
P.S.I can't believe that I was out blowing snow with out a cab, I got two of them sitting behind the shed, but I will be ready for next winter :sidelaugh:

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
John: That's a great story, glad the 226 came through for you! :thumbsup: Probably the same storm. We got about 5" yesterday. It rained for about an hour in the middle of the storm. Would love to see some pictures. :+1:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have any in the snow, but here is the 226 fresh off the trailer, checked oil & gas youngest son wanted to take it for a spin, next thing I see he's cutting the grass. Not bad at all :sidelaugh:

P.S. click on album below I have added some of the fleet

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
InTroubleAlltheTime said:
That tractor is sweet! Love the all Power Red Case GTs. Very nice condition too.
Rich, this one came from your state, Putnam Valley NY. Was at a horse farm on a mountain in up state, they told me it's the highest point in the area, could look over and see New York City. Also told that they watched the towers fall on 9/11, :usa2: But any way in was worth the 500 mile round trip, and when I got there was surprised with a sno-caster and a blade that they found after we agreed on a price, I offered some money but "no charge".

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
InTroubleAlltheTime said:
That tractor is sweet! Love the all Power Red Case GTs. Very nice condition too.
Rich, this one came from your state, Putnam Valley NY. Was at a horse farm on a mountain in up state, they told me it's the highest point in the area, could look over and see New York City. Also told that they watched the towers fall on 9/11, :usa2: But any way in was worth the 500 mile round trip, and when I got there was surprised with a sno-caster and a blade that they found after we agreed on a price, I offered some money but "no charge".
Good deal John. Upstate NY seems to have some great buys from time to time. I traveled 350 miles to Maine for one of my tractors. The things we do for these GTs! :sidelaugh: :thumbsup: Sadly, the Twin Towers were quite visible from many surrounding areas including here on Long Island. May all lost in that terrible event rest in peace and those still suffering from illness and grief find comfort. :usa2: :usa2: :usa2:

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
Says 224 on the hood. I just sayin....

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
You guys are good. I don't have a 226, it's a 224 :facepalm: :sidelaugh:
I guess, these 15+ hour work days are getting to me after all :thumbsup:
John: I know the feeling! Hey BTW isn't that Queg from Jaws on your avatar? :thumbsup: Bawmpat,bawmpat,bawmpat,bawmpat.............chomp, chomp, chomp........ :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.