Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What am I looking at here...

ad says:
Here are 2 tractors that need to go byby just like their owner did. The big one does not run but all the parts are there. The small one runs but the blade will not go up. You make me a offer. They are taking up room in the shop and I need the room to put other stuff.

· Banned
12,618 Posts
Yes... it's a 195 with the optional E-30 Hylift kit.

However, the blade looks strange.

He says it runs. Big deal.

He does not say that it moves or does not smoke or whether there is a deck or anything else. Based on what I see plus the lack of information, I would offer $200.00 sight unseen and see what the response is.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So... I just talked with the owner. I offered $200.00...Hey "Make an offer" can't hurt to try.

Owner says she paid $1200.00 Won't take less than $700.00, was tilling her horse arena and when she got done, the blade would not lift. She was told a piece fell off, she looked in the arena and could not find anything.

· Banned
12,618 Posts
The tractor is not complete then, is it? The grille side panels are missing as well as this mystery item. She overpaid big time and does not realize how foolish she was and is now trying to recover as much as she can. No one can blame her for trying but then again, no one should have to underwrite her lack of due diligence in not finding out what the fair market value is before she handed over her hard earned cash.

At this point..........it all comes down to how much you are willing to pay her for it. :thumbsup:

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info Hydriv.

At this point..........it all comes down to how much you are willing to pay her for it.
Not what she is asking, that is for sure. The priceplus an 8 hour round trip...No thanks.

add says:Here are 2 tractors that need to go byby just like their owner did. The big one does not run but all the parts are there. The small one runs but the blade will not go up. You make me a offer. They are taking up room in the shop and I need the room to put other stuff.
So if the ad says "the tractors need to go byby just like their owner did", is she talking about herself. I was hoping they were left over from a bitter divorce and she just wanted them out of there.

· Banned
12,618 Posts
They may be products from a divorce or from the death of her husband. Not really germane to the issue.

I would have asked her how long ago she bought it and then said "Gee... that's too bad because even back then, that price was likely double what it was actually worth. After all, that machine is now 43 years old and many parts are no longer available new. I understand that you want to get the most money back out of it and I wish you the best of luck. However, if you don't get a buyer, would you call me? "

Then I would leave my name and number and see what happens.

· Registered
3,272 Posts
JoeyB said:
I was hoping they were left over from a bitter divorce and she just wanted them out of there.
That sure is the way it reads, even seems a little desperate to get rid of them the way it is worded. What drives me nuts is if you want at least $700, state that in the ad. She must be hoping someone is gonna say "I'll give you $1,500.00". I go through this with guitars all the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.