Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
chllngr528 said:
It was off a 446
That doesn't mean it had the OEM engine in it :lol:. Providing the threads are in good shape for the drain valve (be even better if it has a nice valve in it that doesn't look like the PO used a BF pipe wrench to open and close it), there's no stress cracks in the corners of the mounting tabs, the oil fill tube is still in good shape and solid, and they haven't scared it too bad removing the gasket $40 is a darn good price.

:lol: Okay, a couple years ago now I contacted my local Cummins/Onan dealer to price this very thing - although it was an oil pan for a B43E. Can you guess what he quoted for a "New" pan? IIRC it was around $580 plus for the pan alone. :thumbdown: What the...? Who the...? Why I oughta! First I started gettin' dizzy then started laughing and had to let him go.

Kenneth

·
Onan Master, new and used parts.
1,509 Posts
club
the main problems that i see on the case pans,
are loose dipstick tube.and the feet badly worn
i get 60.00 to 80.. for a NICE one w.o., the dipstick.
thank you. boomer (the used onan engine parts guy)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KBear said:
chllngr528 said:
It was off a 446
That doesn't mean it had the OEM engine in it :lol:. Providing the threads are in good shape for the drain valve (be even better if it has a nice valve in it that doesn't look like the PO used a BF pipe wrench to open and close it), there's no stress cracks in the corners of the mounting tabs, the oil fill tube is still in good shape and solid, and they haven't scared it too bad removing the gasket $40 is a darn good price.

:lol: Okay, a couple years ago now I contacted my local Cummins/Onan dealer to price this very thing - although it was an oil pan for a B43E. Can you guess what he quoted for a "New" pan? IIRC it was around $580 plus for the pan alone. :thumbdown: What the...? Who the...? Why I oughta! First I started gettin' dizzy then started laughing and had to let him go.

Kenneth
It supposedly came off B43M from a 79 446

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
If it were mine, I'd go visit my friendly machinist, have him put it in his mill and flycut all the feet in the same plane to clean them up. Then, as previously posted, check your frame, repair as necessary, and put GOOD donuts in their proper place with new hardware.

JMTC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.