Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 1966 case 150 i picked up last week has the rear hydraulics on it for the rototiller also have a snowblower for the unit as well .. rototiller is missing the factory rear guard but has a homemade one in its place in not bad shape

the snowblower is in rough shape

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
It's really simple once you do it a couple times. Trust me. If you spend 10 minutes following this tutorial you'll not only learn how to post pics here but it will give you insight on how to post them other places. :thumbsup:

Here's the tutorial.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45

Feel free to PM me if you have any problems! :trink:

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
You're close you're just not using the right link image shack is providing.

You're also not following my tutorial. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep trying until you get it. I'll delete the messed up posts.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snotrocket said:
You're close you're just not using the right link image shack is providing.

You're also not following my tutorial. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep trying until you get it. I'll delete the messed up posts.
ive got it now thanks

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
AWBOKKEL said:
the 1966 case 150 i picked up last week has the rear hydraulics on it for the rototiller also have a snowblower for the unit as well .. rototiller is missing the factory rear guard but has a homemade one in its place in not bad shape

the snowblower is in rough shape
OK... you bought this tractor package last week...........WHY?

You must have had some idea as to what you wanted to do with it. Do you need it to blow snow? Have you got a large garden to rototill? Are you a collector? Do you want a show/parade tractor?

VALUE.... as always.... that's decided by the Buyer and the Seller that end up striking a deal. Are there Case collectors in your Province? The 150's are a bit tougher to find than the 155's. The one you have has been trifled with by the previous owner. If I bought it, then all of that edging on the fenders and hood would have to go and if that screwed up the paint, then the tractor would have to be stripped down and done over to make it right. To me, that means it's not worth as much because I have to start over.

As a collector, the deck, the snowcaster and the tiller have little to no value because I'm not going to drag all that stuff to a show.

For someone looking to buy a "working tractor", that one is 45 years old and that isn't very appealing to someone who is also looking at tractors in Home Depot.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol thanks for that ray of sunshine

it is going to be a show piece more than anyhting as i have a 222 that cuts grass and a 446 that has snowblower mower and plow for a workhorse

i wanted the tractor and the rest of the attachments were a bonus if somebody has a use for them then great if not ill keep them and yes it is going to see some new paint and decals

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Listen.... if you wanted that sunshine pumped where the sun never shines, then you can find that sort of reply on some of the other forums out there. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

On this site... you get brutal honesty. :thumbsup: :trink:

Right now, it is a show piece that anyone would be proud to own. However, we both know that it did not look like that when it left the plant floor in Winneconne and for me and some others in the collector world, that's not acceptable. But then again, some people like to modify/customize what they own and that's OK too. Look at phaon's tractor or what CaseRacer just built. Who wouldn't be happy owning either of those?

You have now filled in some blanks. What difference does value make at this point? You wanted it for a show tractor and now you have a show tractor. There's joy in that. Forget about whether it's worth $300.00 or $1000.00. As long as it brings you pleasure in life, that's all that matters.

As for the attachments, you could try to sell them but they will likely be a tough sell because of shipping costs. Now if you start going to shows....... then you might do much better on a direct sale basis. I don't believe that the tiller had a rock guard on it when it was new. Check our Library/Parts Manuals/Rotary Tillers.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
po had a three point hitch sorta started on the rear of the tractor as well that is going to come off and if i can find a factory hitch to go in its place .. then go thru everything fix what needs to be fixed and repaint it and a new set of decals

i wasnt looking for a price on what the tractor is worth .... looking for what the attachments would be worth or if i should keep them

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hydriv said:
You do realize that the 3 point hitch was not even available until 1969 and then ONLY for the 400 Series tractors?

That was the status quo until 1989 when the HH-34 hitch came into being.
yes that is why i said it is coming off to be replaced by a factory hitch when i find one

the po just passed away and his widow didnt know much about what he had done to the tractor

but looking at the maual for the tiller there is a bunch of stuff i didnt get for lifting

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Sorry but you lost me with the phrase "factory hitch".

Do you mean the optional Brinly sleeve hitch that Case offered for the early 100 Series tractors? If so, those are tough to find and I've seen them go for more than $200.00 on e-Bay in the past.

You cannot use the current sleeve hitch from a 200 Series because there are no "ears" on your trans-axle to mount one.

The H or J Series 3 points mount 4 inches too low on a Lo Pro tractor due to the difference in ground clearance between the 200 and the 400. In addition, the trans-axles are substantially different in design and you would have to do considerable modification to any 3 point to make it mount on a 150. Just covering all the bases here with this one post in order to save some time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hydriv said:
Sorry but you lost me with the phrase "factory hitch".

Do you mean the optional Brinly sleeve hitch that Case offered for the early 100 Series tractors? If so, those are tough to find and I've seen them go for more than $200.00 on e-Bay in the past.

You cannot use the current sleeve hitch from a 200 Series because there are no "ears" on your trans-axle to mount one.

The H or J Series 3 points mount 4 inches too low on a Lo Pro tractor due to the difference in ground clearance between the 200 and the 400. In addition, the trans-axles are substantially different in design and you would have to do considerable modification to any 3 point to make it mount on a 150. Just covering all the bases here with this one post in order to save some time. :thumbsup:
The original hitch ... i do not want to put any attachments on the rear ...

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Hydriv said:
On this site... you get brutal honesty. :thumbsup: :trink:
Tom: That is a most dynamic term. The dude that came up with that must be of the highest moral terpitude and also objective, honest, forthcoming, fun, a lady killer,....... :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.