Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6018 Loader tractor with a 3-point. In the process of removing wheel weight of which there are 2 on each wheel, the inner one one one of the wheels is rusted on and I can’t get it off. I’ve hammered, pried, and Aero-chronicled without success. Any suggestions or previous experiences with solutions are welcome.

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,506 Posts
I have a 6018 Loader tractor with a 3-point. In the process of removing wheel weight of which there are 2 on each wheel, the inner one one one of the wheels is rusted on and I can’t get it off. I’ve hammered, pried, and Aero-chronicled without success. Any suggestions or previous experiences with solutions are welcome.
Can the wheel be removed to work on it, or does the weight prevent the wheel being removed?

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can the wheel be removed to work on it, or does the weight prevent the wheel being removed?

Keep the Peace
Harry
Unfortunately no, the wheel cannot be removed due to the fact that I can't access the lug nuts to remove the wheel. I guess I didn't explain my dilemma very well initially. Since its the wheel on the brake side of the tractor, its really tough to get in behind the inside of the wheel and try pounding from the backside as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found the cause of my challenge. Some PO decided to rebuild cratered wheel bolt holes with a welder. Either because of not thinking or intentionally, they welded the wheel weight to the tractor wheel. Suggestions on how to reconcile this? Currently, this makes it impossible to remove the wheel to repair a flat, replace a tire, or make any other rear end repairs.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,506 Posts
If you have a cutting torch, heat up the welds and lightly touch the cutting lever to scarf away the welds. Any part of the wheel removed can be repaired after the weight is removed. I was rebuilding the front wheel bearings on my 644 lbh and found that a PO welded the steering control arm to the spindle. I had to grind the weld off to take off the nut. You never know what a PO may do just to keep something going.

Keep the Peace
Harry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts