Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has a 2000 Ingersoll 3016 with a B&S 16HP Vanguard twin. Neither of us is a small engine mechanic and they live 106 miles from me. So we found a broken push rod in the head on the left side of the engine as you are standing in front of the tractor looking at it, or on the right side of the engine if you are sitting in the operator seat....

A mechanic friend has offered to install a new head if my son gets the part. My son is willing purchase the new head if a used one can't be found but there are two part numbers for the heads and the only information we can get is that head #1 is the closest to the flywheel. My son has no clue which end of the engine the flywheel is on and I can't tell from the photos he is sending. My Case/Ingersoll tractors are all Onan powered so I am not familiar with the B&S engines.

Here are the all important numbers for the Vanguard:
  • Model #303447
  • Type 1222-E1
  • Code 01060111
As always, any help will be sincerely appreciated!

·
Administrator
2,934 Posts
The Vanguard flywheel is on the front of the engine. It is covered by a debris screen, and the engine blower housing.

Typical Vanguard Engine Front View

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Camera lens Automotive design Reflex camera

Typical Vanguard Engine Rear View

Auto part Font Automotive wheel system Machine Automotive super charger part

On an Ingersoll 3016 the front of the engine faces towards the operator when you are seated (and away from you when you stand in front of the tractor.)

·
Administrator
2,934 Posts
Any chance you can just replace the rod?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Vanguard flywheel is on the front of the engine. It is covered by a debris screen, and the engine blower housing.

Typical Vanguard Engine Front View

View attachment 127756

Typical Vanguard Engine Rear View

View attachment 127757

On an Ingersoll 3016 the front of the engine faces towards the operator when you are seated (and away from you when you stand in front of the tractor.)
First of all, thank you for the information! The valve is locked, won't move. Anew head assembly is under $200, my son just found a used on on Ebay for $50 plus shipping. Either way is probably cheaper than getting the existing head repaired with these machine shops charging $100 an hour or more... around here anyway.

Thanks again for your help! Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts