Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize for my lack of Case knowledge thus far but I am learning quickly thanksnto this site when I have some time! I own a 1976 210 and recently bought what I believe to be a 1981 222. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to tinker with either with that job thing and our 3 very active little kids. Just a quick question though. My 222 has a white mower deck. I've looked at it closely enough That I don't believe that it has been painted. Maybe I need to inspect it a little more. The pics that I have seen of these models and their decks are painted power red. Was There a white version from the factory?

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Yes.

For the 1984 model year, the tractors came with black axles and frames. The fenders and hood were Power Red and the seat was white Naugahyde. To compliment this new paint scheme, all of the attachments were painted Power White. In 1985, the paint reverted back to what had been used in 1983. If you go to our new front page and click on the History Link, you will find the "Black Frame" photo album. Just click on the picture and you can see for yourself what those tractors looked like in 1984.

Presumably, some dealers sorta got stuck with a few Power White attachments and sold them off to owners looking for a replacement deck, tiller, snowcaster etc whenever the opportunity arose. There was no such thing as a Power White deck in any other year but 1984.

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
jdslednut said:
I own a 1976 210 and recently bought what I believe to be a 1981 222.
jdslednut - No need to apologize about not knowing ALL about Case compact tractors - that's why you're here right? If ya got more questions ask away, ask away! :thumbup:

If your 222 still has an intact SN plate and you know the SN you can also go to the CCI Home Page, click on the "What Year" link in the top navigation. There you can locate the year your tractor was built by searching the SN. There's a printable Colt, Case and Ingersoll Model Production Year version you can download as well at the bottom of that page. Hope this helps.

Kenneth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.