Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am in need of a fuel tank for my 1971/ '72 Case 442 (serial #9650409). My original steel fuel tank has numerous pin-holes in the bottom. I made several attempts to repair the leaks but was unsuccessful. I've since found several salvaged fuel tanks on ebay, but I'm not sure if the newer plastic tanks will fit properly.

The original part # for my fuel tank is C16363.

Do any of you have experience on upgrading fuel tanks, and more importantly will any of these later model tanks fit. Here is the one I'm looking at. Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-Ingers...131003132420&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=191284996292&rt=nc

·
Administrator
3,486 Posts
My quick check suggests the plastic tanks such as the one in the Ebay ad you provided, will work on your 442. I recommend contacting one of the dealers to confirm that the newer plastic tanks are correct substitutes for the original metal fuel tank.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Yes, It will fit. But, there will be a couple of metal brackets welded to the tractor to support the metal tank. Those will need to be pounded flat or removed in order to use the plastic tank.

I probably have a good metal or plastic tank. If interested in these, PM me.

One more thing, the plastic tanks can be either black or clear. If you get a clear one, you can either cut a hole in the seat support, or purchase a later support that will allow you to see the fuel level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts