Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted an electric winch onto the stock bracket on a series 200 GT?
I would like to add a removable winch, and I will have to fabricate a mount to put on the stock bracket.
Any ideas fellas?

:canada:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I don't know what the "stock" bracket is that you are referring to but it would be quite simple to mount one on a sleeve hitch or in place of the small tow hitch, bolted to the transaxle.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Ariena, anything is possible,you will have to fab your bracket so it will connect to as many bolt points as possible.Two on the top,two on the back side[ where the draw hitch is now] and make sure there is a cut out for the drain plug. If you would like my opinion and a sketch drawing ,I would P.M. the information to you . have a good one---oldfrank---

·
Administrator
3,283 Posts
I have a Hydrabagger mount bracket on my 4018 that I have installed the center of a modified frame hitch into. This provides me with the ability to use 2" ball mounts. A winch mounted onto a ball mount would give you the capability to remove it when not needed.
Mad Mackie in CT :mrgreen: :letitsnow:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Mounting one certainly wouldn't be a problem. The issue would be providing enough current to feed the winch. Winches tend to get hungry when under load, and are hard on batteries, too.

If you need a winch, consider a windlass/capstan type setup on either a hydraulic motor or gas engine. Maybe a bit more cost, but the likelihood of melting your electrical system down is much lower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.